*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Facilities/Maintenance Electrical-Mechanical Technician will be based in Buffalo, Grove. In this position, you will Responsible for provides day-to-day electronic, electrical, and mechanical support. The role of this position is to be a technical resource for solving maintenance reliability issues as well as assuring maximum uptime of plant equipment. Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and working closely with the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, the Electrical-Mechanical Technician is responsible for maximizing the availability of critical infrastructure equipment, production equipment and systems as well as any additional tasks required in support of the Operations team.
The Electrical-Mechanical Technician is responsible to maximize Production uptime. This involves a broad spectrum of activity.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Upholds safety, health, environmental procedures, communicates directly and always supports the EHS department to ensure OSHA and EPA compliance.
- Works within a Computerized Maintenance Management System for managing and tracking work orders, back log, spare parts, and maintenance parts consumption history of plant equipment.
- Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems, including the plant s main power supply system.
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC s in the production equipment.
- Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 70E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Uses PC to generate work orders and enter work requests for maintenance employees and completes and closes finished work orders.
- Ensures strict conformance to the electrical code and OSHA safety requirements for facility and production equipment.
- Provide input to the preventive and predictive maintenance efforts to improve overall equipment reliability.
- Support the introduction of new technology.
- May assist other facilities as needed.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently.
- 2-3 years in trouble shooting industrial electrical control systems down to component level
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls, and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Able to install and set up both A/C and D/C drives
- PLC trouble shooting and problem-solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of power transmission equipment and bearings.
- Familiar with pumps, both air and electric.
- Able to install and trouble shoot basic 3 phase motor control circuits
- Some knowledge of the various types of sensors and limit switches
- Must have the ability to work effectively with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and instruct others on its operation.
- Must be able to bend and lift/move/push a minimum of 30 pounds and reach above the shoulder continuously throughout the shift (approximately every 15 minutes)
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for much of the shift (80%)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate and understand relevant information relating to quality and production issues
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others verbally and in writing and be willing to work as a member of a team
- Must maintain high energy level, be able to communicate with others and work effectively as a member of a team
- Must be able to hear warning signals and verbal alerts to avoid injury during manufacturing process
- Must be able to discern shades of color and color differences relating to component parts used in the manufacturing process
- Must be able to climb steps and elevated platforms to reach storage areas
- Must possess basic math skills
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience/knowledge in plastic injection molding operations.
- Basic welding skills preferred but not required.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to present complex topics in a concise manner.
- High energy, resilience, bias for action, adaptability, and a passion for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, essential in dealing with people at all levels and in a variety of functions including technical staff, business team leaders, production staff and able to influence and motivate others to quickly achieve results.
- CMMS software experience: IBM Tririga or equivalent
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website