At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
We are looking for a new Import Export Manager employee to based in Cork
Responsible for providing operational expertise to enhance the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the department by establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships, liaising with operations, customers and carriers in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to deliver maximum advantage to the business. Also responsible for ensuring legal compliance within government rules and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of Import/Export regulations and Administration regulations.
- Ensure proper Import/Export documentation and procedures are maintained in accordance with Customs standards and requirements.
- Responsible for managing and guiding import and export team.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations which arise.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- May research short paid invoices and resolve any related issues.
- May maintain and update inbound/outbound carrier routing guide for site per Flex Corporate Logistics guidelines.
- May distribute routing guide to Purchasing, Shipping and various other departments.
- Notify departments within in the site of any non-compliant issues.
- May file claims with the carrier/insurance companies per the Flex Corporate Logistics procedure for compensation of lost/damaged freight while in the care of the carrier.
- May maintain claims data and interact with Flex Corporate Logistics and insurance company/carrier to resolve claim issues/questions.
- Keep abreast of latest customs rules and regulations.
- Participate in regular internal and external audits. Action any resulting findings or issues.
- Follow Corporate guidelines on EPFA, rates and compliance.
- International and domestic rate quotes per request by site management.
- Prepare rate comparisons between carriers.
- Audit special need deliveries to identify issues and concerns.
- Maintain and update carrier routing guide.
- Arrange expedited shipments by request to meet customer needs.
- May audit domestic and international inbound carrier freight invoices.
- Experience in freight supervisory management.
- 3 years + freight experience.
- IATA Hazardous training.
- IAA training and knowledge on the IAA security requirements.
- Customs knowledge
- Eligible to work in Ireland (EU)
Please note that our recruitment team is based in Hungary and therefore you may be called by an international number. (+36...)
TK43Job Category Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website