At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be based in Salt Lake City, UT. In this role you will be responsible for process-engineering capabilities focused on cost, quality, and delivery improvements in order to support NPI and sustaining business for one of our most notable clients.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Manage a team of engineers and technicians to establish and maintain manufacturing control systems for equipment, process, product, automation and box build.
- Design an optimized manufacturing processes flow to meet customer product quality and delivery.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods driving on quality, cost and yield improvement.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, design layout of equipment, workspace for maximum efficiency and automation implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving all equipment/processes related to efficiency, cycle times, capacity and capabilities.
- Coordinate with customers to determine product specifications, Dfx engagement and design changes.
- Participate in early NPI involvement & new capabilities readiness for mass production.
- Applies FMEA/statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential risk.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Engineering within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Management skills
- Cost and data analysis
- FMEA/statistical methods.
- Documentations processes.
- Team work
- Technical interface NPI
- Experienced in Server, Storage and Server Rack integration is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer interfacing skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of multiple functional technologies/ processes, industries or functions and understanding of interdependencies of such processes at the site
- Lean manufacturing
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
KT36Job Category Operations Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website