The MSSQL Database Administrator - IT will be based in Chennai.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates
· Intense collaboration
· Passionate customer focus
· Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
· Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
· Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do
· Maintain, monitor, support & perform activities related to database administration for Microsoft SQL Databases.
· Participate in 24x7 support rotation enabling the follow the sun schema along with other teams.
· Installation of SQL Server environments & configure as per Guidelines recommended.
· Resolves calls routed to him or her, without having to dispatch to L3 and take escalation calls from L1 support.
· In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting scripts and knowledge of server topologies or configurations.
· Backup database and configure backups.
· Restore of databases from production to test and vice versa (refresh), and across servers.
· Review the job executions, change schedule of a job & configure jobs as per guidelines.
· Analyze statistical data from databases environments and provide periodical reports to the support groups and management.
· Review available free space and capacity planning.
· Decision making to perform shirking & truncating files when necessary.
· Validate the performance of new objects and release to production environment.
· Creating users & grant, remove, change permissions to users on SQL Server & its databases.
· Control and supervising of DTS and sp in production.
· Manage, support and configure replication technologies (DB Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Always On)
· Observe Flextronics data retention policies, guidelines, processes and procedures.
· Protect data and ensure Flextronics security best practices are followed.
· Basic troubleshooting skills that involves reviewing of application, system & SQL server logs.
· Run SQLRAP and implementing SQL best practices.
· Formulates, documents and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
· Participates in quality assurance and develops test applications for client server environment.
· Endorses and complies with all legal regulations, specific internal Flextronics instructions and their implementation measures in the field of security, health and safety.
· Complies with security and emergency procedures regulations.
· Complies with the Internal Regulations and work procedures related to the job.
· Complies with Flex practices and policies.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
· Experience working on production environment using Microsoft SQL Server Servers.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
· 9 - 13 years of experience as a SQL Database Administrator
· Interested to work on Shift basis.
· Knowledge for mysql, oracle, mongo db will be added advantage.
PB34Job Category ITFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website