At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
At Flex we are seeking a Networking and Test Infrastructure Engineer to be located in Milpitas, CA.
As a member of the CEC Test Engineering team this individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of network infrastructure used in Cloud and Data Center environments. This role will support Flex CEC Engineering responsibilities as a subject matter expert working with the product engineering, test, and manufacturing teams. The individual will work closely with local and corporate IT teams to develop and maintain network infrastructure used in manufacturing.
As a member of the CEC Test Engineering team this individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of network infrastructure used in Cloud and Data Center environments. This role will support Flex CEC Engineering responsibilities as a subject matter expert working with the product engineering, test, and manufacturing teams. The individual will work closely with local and corporate IT teams to develop and maintain network infrastructure used in manufacturing.What a typical day looks like:
- Key technology resource for NPI support to implement new switches and related networking equipment in server and rack product designs
- Designing, configuring, managing, and monitoring network infrastructure for manufacturing testing
- Manage, identify, and resolve network faults that may occur in the production environment
- Design and implementation of new network solutions or optimizing existing infrastructure
- Configuration of switches, routers, firewalls from various vendors as well as white box solutions
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate procurement and configuration of network infrastructure
- Documentation of key configurations, changes, and/or network topology
- Installation and maintenance of test servers and operating systems, and global user support of production test hosts and webservices
- Individual may be assigned to project teams as necessary to support customer opportunities
- Provide front-end communication to key customer accounts regarding network topology
- Work cross-functionally with customer, internal, and vendor resources
- Participate in internal and external meetings and technical reviews, as required.
- Travel to production sites to support NPI, network installation, scale-up, or troubleshooting
What we are looking to add to our team:
- Bachelor of Science in technical subject area, Software or computer engineering is preferable
- minimum professional experience in network infrastructure of 6+ years.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of cloud and data center enterprise computing hardware
- Advanced Administrator-level Linux OS and BASH scripting knowledge
- Virtual machine setup and support
- Ability to self-educate on new and upcoming technologies
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to quickly assess complex issues and discern the key messages
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and complete objectives with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of x86 and AMD chipsets and processors, and other server, storage technologies.
- Proficiency in C++, Go, Perl, Rest, XML
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication for both customer & vendor facing aspects
- Experience working in an NPI environment
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website