*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Design & Engineering Manager will be based in Zhuhai.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership to Hardware and Electro-Mechanical Engineering & Design teams.
- Oversee resources budgeting, allocation, review and approval.
- Track projects and progress through regular reviews.
- Develop control systems, reports, which accurately measure progress, identify potential technical problems and implement timely corrective actions to ensure that commitments are met.
- Participate in product architecture and feasibility technical reviews.
- Provide assistance and guidance in the development of product designs from proposal to delivery.
- Provide technical support to customer and Sales team.
- Implement appropriate HR Strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and training. A Master's or MBA degree is preferred. Typically requires 9 years of engineering experience including supervision.
- Demonstrates expert functional, technical and people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
- Demonstrates detailed expertise in very complex functional/technical area or broad breadth of knowledge in multiple areas; understands the strategic impact of the function across sites.
- Demonstrates mastery of functional knowledge in relation to other functions and a complete understanding of the function and those of related businesses.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- SolidWorks and ePDM
- Bicycle design
- Bicycle supply chain experience
- Extrusion, Casting and Forging of Aluminum
- Plastic parts design
- 2D Drawing expertise and GD&T Knowledge
- Advanced materials a plus
- Composite materials a plus
- Kick Scooter design
- Motorcycle design
- Electro-mechanical design a plus
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Social Insurance
- Life Insurance
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website