*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Senior Quality Engineering Manager will be based in Prai, Penang. The position is responsible for develops, implements and coordinates product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
Prime responsibility and function owner of quality activities and phases associated to them in SHIELD / projects where Flex do Design, Industrialization and Mass production.
To participate and effectively discharge all the manufacturer responsibilities at EVT, EVT & PVT phases prior to releasing for mass production. .
Responsible for the (NPI) new products launchings, pilots builds and design reviews and confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufacturing. With a detailed expertise in very complex function / technical area, ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific / technical concerns of intended transfers / launch.
Interface with customers on technical / quality on ensure CTQ, DFM and other technical specs / drawing related details are effectively communicated and addressed prior approval for mass production.
Analyzes, evaluates and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Interface with customers on technical/quality issues and improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for managing customer audits and regulatory/compliance agency audits.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Possesses a Degree in related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the related field is required
- Required Skill(s): SMT, PCBA, Product Transfer Quality
Job Category Quality
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website