*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Senior Systems Engineer will be based in Chennai. The person will work on technical support administrator for global applications of WMS (Warehouse Management Systems ) like JDA / RedPrairie & Universe DB based applications, RPA (Robotic Process Automation) platforms and other supply chain applications.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Application Installation and Upgrades (Unix/Linux & Windows)
- Application configuration and performance tuning.
- Configure Schedule Agent Jobs/ Tasks, Windows job scheduling.
- Applying rollouts/ hotfixes to production & non-production environments, including on Visual Studio.
- Scripting - write code and automate repeatable processes, including Windows scripting.
- Configure and monitor Log Analytics solutions like ELK, Loom with AIOps capability.
- Troubleshooting the applications, log analysis.
- Collaborating with internal Unix/Linux/Windows support teams.
- Supporting applications using Database technologies Oracle/Universe / SQL Server/My SQL/PostgreSQL.
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- 3-5 years of UNIX / Linux Operating System skills – System commands, Cron jobs, Shell scripts, Port configuration, ftp scripts, remote copy (rsync) commands / utilities.
- Windows Operating system skills – System commands / utilities, Scheduling of tasks, Java installations & troubleshooting, FTPS Utilities.
- WebLogic / Tomcat Java application Servers – Administration, Stopping / Starting / deployment, Performance Monitoring, troubleshooting.
- Database Skills - Export / Import of tables, Recompiling SQL objects, Detecting / Releasing DB locks. Identifying performance degradations.
- Configuring, maintaining, tuning, administering, and troubleshooting applications like ERP, WMS (warehouse management systems), or any Supply chain applications and Web portals.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Universe Database skills – Stop/Start, License administration, Printer configuration, Replication configuration / troubleshooting, Universe SQL commands, Universe configuration parameters tuning (uvconfig)
- Scripting experience – Write code and automate repeatable processes, Windows scripting (Python/DOS/PowerShell)
- Exposure to modern RPA tools (like Pega or UI Path) and approaches or closely related technologies and techniques.
- Experience with Automation tools like Chef, Ansible, GIT.
- Securing the solution by being familiarity with TLS, certificates, SSO/PIV authentication, and encryption technologies
- Cloud experience – deploying and administration of apps on Amazon AWS, Google or Azure.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
#LI-DN1Job Category ITFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website