Through the collective strength of 170,000 team members across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world.
We welcome people of all backgrounds. A career with Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your growth, and build great products for our customers that improve people's lives. Together, let's create the extraordinary!Job Summary
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Simulation Engineer located in Guadalajara, North Campus.
Reporting to the Director, Simulation Technology the Simulation Engineer role involves… will be responsible for the design and development of simulation packages in order to meet customer requirements. From the design of concepts, through development into fully functional and tested simulations. Will also be responsible to work on innovative solutions that improve the usability of the software as well as integrate the software into Flex operations worldwide. Will lead the definition of new directions and functionality for the overall corporate strategy. Will provide coordination of new project activities and support for ongoing manufacturing activities/problems related to simulation.
What a typical day looks like:
- Analyzes and researches data related to operational metrics and manufacturing environments.
- Must have extensive expertise in Discrete Event Simulation software to deploy in production environments
- Will use advanced software development techniques (in the application, DBA, M2M, and network programming) to create connected factory systems
- Must have expert level industrial engineering knowledge to use to set up manufacturing processes, optimize processes and solve operational issues
- Will use detailed Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques to perform data-driven operational decisions while programming into DES software environments and using IE methodology to implement into operations environments.
- Confers with all support team personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop corrective action, method improvement to resolve problems, and develop simulations
- Promote effective data management and visualization for projects within the space of Simulation and Modelling using Big Data Management Tools, and other methodologies.
- Provide Global SME technical support to sites on DES Simulation, ensuring compliance and improved best practice in project executions.
- Performing optimization and machine/operator/station utilization studies.
- Developing innovative methods to improve the quality of simulation results.
- Research and implementation of new technologies helpful to optimize simulation processes.
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- Bachelor's Degree in industrial engineering, mechatronics, or related.
- Experience with a similar role.
- Advanced English.
- Knowledge plant simulation.
- Six sigma, black bell nice to have.
- Experience working with databases.
- Knowledge of computerized electronic test equipment and programming.
- Ability to use and create simulation and industrial engineering software tools and solutions, knowledge as well as design engineering experience.
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Competitive Salary
- Life & Medical insurance
- Christmas Bonus
- Food Coupons
- Saving Fund.
- Life Insurance
MG61Job Category Production Engineering
At Flex, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and know there is much more to a great employee than just a list of requirements – if you are excited about a role (but don't meet every bullet-point), we encourage you to apply. You might be just who we are looking for! Our inclusive environment welcomes individuals of any age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Apply on company website