Founded in 2013, NEXTracker operates as an independent subsidiary of Flex, a leading Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. Delivering smart solar and storage solutions on over 600 solar power plants across five continents, with nine global offices, NEXTracker is an established leader in the ground mount solar and storage industries, having earned the #1 market share leadership position for solar trackers world-wide for four consecutive years (Greentech Media, IHS Markit, 2015- 2018).
NEXTracker designs and manufactures industry-leading solar and storage systems that dramatically improve and scale the economics of renewable energy. Applications and customers range from behind the meter solar farms with Fortune 500 companies like PepsiCo, L'Oreal, and NextEra to well-known engineering firms such as Swinerton Renewables, Mortenson, Cypress Creek Renewables and Enel Green Power. Join a market leader that values talent, service excellence and innovation as core to our business growth and culture. With one of the most experienced management teams in solar, category-leading products, and a fortified technology roadmap, NEXTracker is making a dramatic impact on the power plant of the future.
NEXTracker is seeking a Software Engineer / Data Scientist. He or She will work within the NEXTracker Asset Management and Support team and be responsible for gleaning insights from data collected from the world's largest installed base of solar array single-axis trackers. The positions will be located in our Nashville, TN office.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Develop (backend) automated python scripts to perform root cause analysis of field failures.
- Work with engineering teams to identify key metrics for product health insights
- Develop tools to create daily monitoring reports on product health and product performance.
- Study trends and patterns to both fleet-wide and site-specific data
- Work with large, complex data sets.
- Troubleshoot data quality and see issues to resolution
- Use machine learning and AI techniques to classify data and use this to predict possible outcomes.
- Create visualizations and presentations for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, mathematics).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field.
- Programming experience using Python.
- Intermediate MS Excel experience (Data Analysis, Pivot Tables, Formulas).
- Take end to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training, to real-time prediction engines.
- Experience in pattern recognition methodologies
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Programming experience in SQL, NOSQL and PowerBI, Tableu is a plus.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website