At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
The Catalyzing Innovation organization is seeking an Electrical Test Engineer located in the Austin Innovation Center located in Austin, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, work with fellow innovation engineers, and support cutting edge system design and engineering projects. The responsibilities for this role will include advising design for testing (DFT) in early project stages; the development and execution of manual and automated functional and reliability tests; and the generation of testing plans, procedures and reports for experiments and tests completed.
This position is unique in that it would exercise skills in software, hardware (electronic), and soft system (wearable) engineering to efficiently validate functionality and reliability in the products that are developed. This position would collaborate with customers and fellow engineers to consider the functional, environmental, and usability requirements of products developed.
What a typical day looks like:
- Develop electrical test protocols for unique, non-standard, and innovative products
- Debugging circuits, reading electrical schematics and translating them into debug test plans based on observed failure modes
- Create test automation hardware and software to gather and analyze data from a variety of test equipment and tools.
- Work across disciplines to understand the necessary electrical components of a system, and develop a comprehensive test plan based on requirements
- Develop basic models for simulation of simple components or subsystems and systems of systems.
- Utilize technical skills and understanding of test principles and practice in the area(s) of hardware test, software test, and environmental testing methods
- Advise management regarding test development solutions and toolsets
- Participate in conceptual and architectural definition of new testing equipment and strategies
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts and mathematical operations to analyze and ensure the robustness of designs
- Apply industry and test protocols to a variety of products to include wearable technology
- Create, maintain and keep current all technical documentation
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent years of experience in an engineering role
- 4+ years of experience in the field or related area
- Experience with various digital interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB, CAN, etc.)
- Familiarity with automating test equipment via SCPI commands and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) languages (Python, Java, C#) (preference of experience in Python OOP)
- Proficiency in debugging circuits and using precision electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzers, meters, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop test automation hardware and software via electronic control mechanisms using off the shelf controllers (i.e Arduinos and Raspberry Pi's)
- Familiarity with PCB layout design and fabrication, transmission lines and Design for Manufacture (DFM)
- Ability to think creatively and design tests and test programs to reduce risks in prototypes and ensure products meet requirements for delivery
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, managers, and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website