At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
Mirror Controls international (MCi), a Flex company, is the global market leader in mirror glass and power-folding actuators. Currently MCi is expanding its product portfolio to other Automotive actuation solutions such as Active Aerodynamics & Motor cooling management.
The Test Engineer will be based in Woerden, Netherlands. In this role you will be conducting activities for performing and developing measurements and tests, analyzing the results and advising the internal or external customer.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Preparation and execution of a test plan in direct consultation with the project team or the customer.
- Development of test methods for obtaining insight into the properties of (sub-) products.
- Actively participating and contributing to project teams with regard to testing, design improvements, consultancy with DFMEAs, etc.
- Regular reporting of status, activities, planning and workload as well as the results of analyzing products and test data.
- Generating and maintaining Quality documents such as SPTs, SPQs, WIs and Lab Scope.
- Advising on the purchase of new equipment and drawing up the required specifications.
- Drafting of project plans and execution of improvement projects of test methods and equipment, including MSA and calibration software for data processing and control of measurement setups.
- Managing and archiving data files and reports of the tests carried out as well as supporting other departments within the company.
Here is some of what you'll need:
- University degree/HBO in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated prior experience in testing and with Automotive methods such as ISO 9001, TS16949, SPC, R&R, Six Sigma, 8D.
- At least basic knowledge of mechanics, electronics, vibration theory and plastics.
- English and Dutch fluent in word and writing.
- Good MS Office skills and ideally MS Project knowledge.
- Analytical and statistical skills as well as hands-on mentality is crucial for this role.
- Being a customer focused team player who enjoys to communicate efficiently makes you a great match to the role.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to report briefly and concisely round your profile.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- 27 PTO and 13 ATV days
- 8% holiday pay
- A bonus plan
- Discount on several insurances
- 50/50 pension contribution
This position is available to both internal and external applications.
BT09 / #LI-BT1Job Category Design, Process & Technology EngineeringRequired Skills: Automotive Engineering, Quality Tools, Test Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website