*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description The Tool maker will be based in Libertyville, IL. The Mold maker performs mold repair work, Dissemble and assemble molds, analyze and solve basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Perform mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear. Note any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc. Must document work and keep accurate records.
- Dissemble and assemble molds, analyze and solve basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc. Assemble, repair, inspect, clean and polish molds using skill and care while handling and polished "optical" or critical surfaces.
- Plan construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials. Lay-out, fabricate and assembles molds also machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Use a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders. Setup and operation of CNC machines.
- Perform mold changes & modifications 20/30
- Study blueprints of the mold and plastic piece part and verify specifications.
- Perform machine set-ups and be able to operate manual and CNC machines to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders, etc.
- Check machined parts for conformance to prescribed tolerances.
- Fit all mold components and verify proper tool function.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- High school diploma or equivalent and associate degree in related field, technical training or equivalent education.
- Minimum 1 years' experience performing mold setups or similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection molding
- Experience performing mold manufacturing
- Strong Hands-On mold manufacturing and troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to collaborate with all departments
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Training in plastics is a plus
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
KT36Job Category Operations
RelocationNot eligible Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website