DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you and provides growth opportunities? At Parallon, you come first.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Financial Services Engineer where your passion is valued? If you want to work with an organization dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Information Technology team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Financial Services Engineer defines solution requirements, guides the implementation of Data Science solutions to solve business problems and aligns with business strategic and operational objectives. This Position plays a key role in producing, developing, refining, implementing, testing and measuring data to produce solutions for expedited net revenue liquidation and expedited cash collections. Financial Services Engineer is also expected to communicate Project Portfolio status and updates to Key Stakeholders. This position requires excellent communication and presentation skills.
On the technical front, the Engineer must be comfortable with 'data wrangling'. That is, the ability to identify, and extract raw data from primary transactions systems such as databases. Thereafter they must possess basic skills in programming to manage, transform and integrate with other datasets, in preparation for analytics. Typically, this is performed in scripting languages such as Python or R. The analytic skills required are based principally in machine learning and statistics.
Must have a working knowledge of regression and classification techniques such as logistic regression, boosting, SVM and neural networks. Moreover, must understand the scientific process of hypothesis generation and testing, in particular data-oriented discovery methodologies such as cross validation. Typically, these functions are performed in a mathematical environment such as Python, R, MATLAB or SAS, proficiency with which is assumed.
DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Perform descriptive, exploratory, and inferential statistical analyses making use of methods in econometrics, statistics, as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Complete data gathering, data cleaning, and wrangling in SQL as well as other languages such as Python or R.
- Produce modular, reusable, and replicable code for studies using languages such as Python or R.
- Collaborate with colleagues using version control, including code reviews.
- Must have strong analytical, critical and lateral thinking skills, delivering work product (verbal and written communication) that represents applied thinking and analysis (combining requirements elaboration concepts & techniques with business knowledge & understanding);
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to proactively identify critical issues upstream to prevent downstream impact and willingness escalate as appropriate bring awareness of issues;
- Good understanding of systems/business analysis and modeling techniques.
- Ability to interact successfully with multiple customers at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent solutions/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines, work well under pressure and adapt easily to change and shifting priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment while adhering to established standards and procedures and also participate in continual process improvement that funnel into standards/procedures;
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science or related field required, Master's or Doctorate preferred.
- 3-5 years of IT and Data Science experience preferred with some exposure to development technologies/languages or light development experience
- 3-5 years' experience of demonstrated expertise in business analysis evidenced in work products such as requirements documents, use cases, business process models and requirement traceability matrices preferred
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, a comprehensive healthcare network where 275,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#parallonbcom
Apply on company website