Do you have the career opportunities as a Preoperative Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Ambulatory Surgery Division, part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Preoperative Nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Join our team as a Preoperative Nurse in our ambulatory surgery center. You will be responsible for planning, executing and evaluating the nursing care rendered preoperatively.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patient's care area adequately before each case
- Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies for your patient's procedure
- Conduct a complete physical and psychological assessment while evaluating your patient's history and diagnostic tests
- Review your patient's charts prior to surgery
- Administer pre-operative medications and intravenous therapy as prescribed
- Monitor your patients until transfer to the OR
Florida Surgery Center is proud to have a long and distinguished reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care in Altamonte Springs Florida. We offer a state of the art facility with the newest technology in our 3 operating rooms and 2 procedure rooms, which are equipped with Conmed video tower surgical equipment. Performing around 150 cases per month, our specialties include GI, Urology, General, Plastic, Podiatry, Gynecology, Pain, and ENT. We are AAAHC surgery center for HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Our center is close to Interstate I-4 providing close access to large hospitals where we serve the greater Altamonte Springs/Seminole County.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Preoperative Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable
- ACLS required
Apply on company website