We are seeking a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer in Burnaby, BC. The successful candidate will have broad experience in geotechnical engineering and construction support, familiarity with current geotechnical tools/software/codes, and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with both technical and field personnel in a fast-paced work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare design packages and engineering solutions with consistent application of design standards and technical approaches that are in accordance with the design quality management program.
- Advise and provide direction to staff on proper execution of deliverables; serve as project manager and/or engineer of record with responsibility for design recommendations and deliverables associated with design components.
- Work on an interdisciplinary team including structural engineers, estimators, schedulers, construction experts to provide advice on construction methodology, geotechnical risk, and design of temporary and permanent works.
- Maintain good working relationships with our client's operating districts, clients, and other entities to ensure a stable workload and proper engineering support to our clients/partners.
- Coordinate and continually monitor staff assignments and workload.
- Hire, train, and develop a growing team of geotechnical engineers.
- Foster an environment that emphasizes collaboration and coordination; provide feedback and encourage learning to create growth opportunities; mentor team members.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering (or related field) is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience.
- Have, or be able to obtain within 6 months, P.Eng. registration.
- Strong all-around geotechnical academic background and experience including: support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, seismic loading conditions, ground improvement, deep and shallow foundations, dewatering, and construction methodology.
- Design-Build and/or construction support experience in the infrastructure and transportation industry is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization, with or without technical backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst the team and with clients.
- This position requires travel to work project sites or offices. Ability to travel based on business needs and freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
Some information about our client:
• Ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• Spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in tuition costs
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website