FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Buyer is responsible for assuring the timely and efficient delivery of materials necessary to produce finished products that meet FNs customer expectations.
- Provides contract support for the companys purchasing activities.
- Initiates, develops, and negotiates supplier agreements, manages contracts, and performs vendor research.
- Ensures compliance with purchasing agreements, policies, and procedures.
- Takes a hands on approach and actively participates in procurement processes with operations staff as a multi-disciplinary team.
- Manages and monitors vendor performance: commitments, delivery, cost, quality.
- Monitors and executes purchasing transactions.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Creates purchase orders, scheduling agreements, and contracts.
- Identifies vendors for e-procurement.
- Assists with implementing purchasing policies, processes, and strategic plans in line with corporate purchasing strategies and objectives.
*Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree required. Degree in a technical, economic, financial, or business discipline preferred.
One year of experience in purchasing or supply chain management is required. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple independent projects as assigned.
Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite experience, ERP systems experience highly desired, MRP knowledge
APICS or CPSM Certifications Preferred
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor. Incumbent may be required to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website