FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Director of Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for the successful execution of cross-functional projects executed by the PMO in support of product development, capital investments, intercompany activities, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) business, strategic studies, and others as assigned. Director of PMO manages and holds accountable the Project Managers assigned to the PMO for the commitments of their respective projects. Director of PMO is the principal owner of the Product Development Process (PDP) and is the resident Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the PDP and project management skill. Director of the PMO is responsible for achieving all project commitments and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to include project budgets, timelines, product cost targets, etc.
- Ensures key roles are filled with people who possess the aptitude, skills and drive necessary to meet our business objectives.
- Employs sound leadership skills to build trust and engage a high performance, results-driven, customer focused team.
- Implements regular two-way communication processes that ensure consistency of focus.
- Provides opportunities for team members to increase their effectiveness, achieve ambitious performance goals as well as their personal growth objectives to ensure appropriate succession strength.
- Develops a culture of execution through focused performance goal setting, coaching, letting neither good nor poor results go unnoticed and actively removing barriers to success.
- Ensures the PMO and PDP support the organizations strategic goals.
- Leads the continuous improvement strategy and execution for the PDP and the PMO.
- Implements and sustains processes, systems, and tools to drive world-class execution.
- Implements and sustains metrics-based results to demonstrate effectiveness and improvement around KPIs such as project fiscal performance and velocity.
- Establishes and sustains effective governance to ensure that PDP processes are followed by project managers and project teams.
- Identifies and optimizes competencies that support the business strategy.
- Provides regular status updates to the project champion, direct supervisor and the executive staff including cost, timing, milestones, risks, etc.
- Continuously assesses and benchmarks PMO processes with leading organizations to promote the highest levels of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in engineering, business, management, or another related field. An MBA or Master of Science in engineering, business, management, or another related field is preferred.
A minimum of 10 years of project/program management experience in increasing levels of responsibility. Previous experience with component manufacturing and final product assembly in a vertically integrated environment is required. Knowledge of firearm construction and operation and experience with United States government contracts is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Ability to manage multiple projects of various complexities and product families at one time.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to influence and interact within a matrix based organizational structure and external stakeholders.
- Business acumen and the ability to balance a strategic focus with tactical execution at a detailed level.
- Strong personal presence, self-confidence and the ability to convey and drive a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization. Must be comfortable on the plant floor and with executives.
Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Sciforma, Microsoft Project, Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management (EPPO) software experience preferred.
Current PMP certification required. Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website