FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Facilities & Maintenance Manager plans, directs and coordinates construction, maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds for all FNA locations. Provides both a proactive and reactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure in the Production Facility. Increase the operational effectiveness, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans, driving KPIs ensuring that EHS requirements are adhered to.
- Creates and implements best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance of the Production Facility.
- Plans, assigns and directs the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, plant and operational equipment.
- Develops and implements asset management improvement programs such as: identification of asset criticality, asset risk assessment, condition auditing, preventive and condition maintenance programs, predictive strategies, and refurbishment/obsolescence plans and ensures effectiveness with measurable success.
- Negotiates and manages construction, maintenance and repair projects and continuous improvements plans within budget and on schedule.
- Manages operational equipment maintenance efforts by utilizing KPIs, compile/analyze/report data, recognize/implement changes for improvement, related to equipment reliability.
- Supports the planning, development and coordination of remodeling and renovation projects; coordinates and inspects work of outside contractors involved with construction.
- Plans, assigns and directs the maintenance and operation of all major utility systems including but not limited to boilers, compressors, water, sewer, gas, electrical, HVAC, waste treatment, and cooling towers.
- Manages budgets and ensures cost-effectiveness for fixed building asset investments.
- Allocates and manages space between buildings.
- Oversees the Production Facility layout, construction permits for projects, renovations or refurbishments and space allocation.
- Assigns office space and coordinate relocations in the Production Facility; supports decisions about leasing and rentals.
- Supports strategies to increase energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Supports the EH&S team to ensure compliance with site environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises and evaluates employees on the Facilities and Maintenance team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of sevenyears of previous work experience in Manufacturing Facility and Maintenance supervision / management required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline with a concentration in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering REQUIRED.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Advanced technical knowledge of utility systems, HVAC, controls, electrical, hydraulics, boilers, compressors, and other plant equipment.
- Experience with CNC machining equipment (Vertical / Horizontal milling machines and lathes) and Surface Treatment equipment (chrome coating) desired.
- Knowledge of safety standards, OSHA & DHEC regulations, piping and electrical standards and other fundamental industrial and mechanical standards.
- Must be able to communicate complex issues to management and peers clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Scheduling and project planning.
- Aptitude for determining root causes of failure and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Safety oriented: Keeps safety in mind always looks out for the safety of employees and self.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues as they relate to plant operations, maintenance and equipment.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an integral team member across the company.
- Strong computer skills to include spreadsheets, databases, word-processing and project software.
- Capable of working independently with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a short time frame.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
- Effective verbal and written skill including the ability to prepare and present training, project information, and facility status.
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP software.
OSHA HAZWOPR 40 Hour certification desired.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website