FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Inventory Specialist Group Leader ensures the team of Inventory Specialists are efficient and effective in the storage, movement and issuance of production materials. The Group Leader assists the Logistics Supervisor in executing product flow to ensure that production is uninterrupted due to a lack of material readiness for both internal and external customer requirements. The Group Leader leads the Inventory Specialists in the timely completion of projects and other special assignments while being directly involved in the daily tasks of material movement and accompanying Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system input.
- Inputs, monitors, and retrieves inventory and work order (WO) information from the ERP system.
- Identifies potential supply problems and coordinates their resolution and/or escalates the issue to the appropriate level of supervision to resolve.
- Ensures the Inventory Specialists daily material movement efforts are timely, related inventory transactions are corrected if errors occur, and Specialists move material in accordance with First In First Out (FIFO) requirements.
- Executes the departments cycle count program and assists the supervisor in root cause investigation for inventory discrepancies and the correction of errors upon approval per the sign-off procedure.
- Coordinates 5S within all product storage areas assigned to the production control group.
- Assists Planners in analyzing and maintaining accurate data to support ERP.
- Releases Heat Treat and Surface Treat WOs as needed for purchase parts that require such treatment before inclusion into stock for consumption.
- Takes a lead role with the Inventory Specialists in preparation for the annual Physical Inventory and Serial Number audits.
- Provides administrative assistance to Planners as requested.
- Trains new Inventory Specialists in processes and procedures.
- Processes, prints, and distributes reports as assigned by planning personnel.
- Successfully implements assigned material projects while engaging Inventory Specialists as needed to complete such projects.
- Researches the ERP system in order to identify and resolve material flow and/or WO issues.
- Provides continuing education and mentors the Inventory Specialists in all facets of production support.
- Assists Inventory Specialists in problem resolution.
- Recommends updates to Work Instructions (WI) as necessary.
- Coordinates the daily activities of Inventory Specialists as directed by the Logistics Supervisor.
- Supports the material needs of any production program in the event of employee absences, as daily needs arise and/or as assigned by supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by management*
High School diploma or GED.
Four years experience in materials/logistics using an ERP system is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Forklift experience with the ability to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to read and communicate semi-complex instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Training in Lean processes and methodology
Licenses and Certifications
Six Sigma Green Certification preferred.
MS Word and Excel experience with an emphasis on spreadsheet development.
May be exposed to loud noises, temperature extremes, and dangerous chemicals while on the plant floor. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website