FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Product Quality Manager (PQM) is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the quality assurance program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards. In this role, the PQM coordinates with Product Engineering, Operations, Quality Engineering, Contracts, Product Management, and Project Management to achieve the overall goals of the company.
- Coordinates and facilitates cross function Milestone/Phase Review Meetings.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and documents Object status reviews. Distributes the meeting minutes and achieves approval signoffs.
- Verifies all Objects required for each Phase/Gate are complete to the level required.
- Tracks deviation/disposition requests and status for the project
- Develops location/format/etc. for all documented results, specs, etc. utilizing the chosen platform (SharePoint, etc.)
- Publishes Health Charts and/or other forms of updates of project status.
- Assists Product Engineering, Product Management, Purchasing, and Project Management in the development and approval of the test plans, visual criteria, Customer Flow Downs, Safe Launch Plan, Lessons Learned,
- Works with each functional area to assure correct implementation and completion of the Product Development Process (PDP), safe launch, Function Process Measurement (FMEA).
- Assists activities of Advanced Supplier Quality Assurance in support of supplier development, from sourcing through First Article (FA) approval.
- Reviews and approves the Safe Launch plan for purchased product as well as internal processing and pack/ship.
- Works with the other PQMs, Supplier Quality Engineers (SQEs) and Quality Engineers (QEs) to assure adequate coverage support for all purchased part quality issues, based on priorities (ie line down vs. a FA not due for some time).
- Approves the termination of the safe launch process and the release to production.
*Other duties as assigned by management.
4-year technical degree or equivalent experience required
Quality skills in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Experience with the function/handling of firearms and ammunition.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Problem identification/corrective action skills can lead an interdepartmental meeting to work on problem solving/root cause analysis/work-around plans/risk assessment & mitigation
- High level of presentation skills to senior management and customer.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) preferred.
Microsoft Office Suite to include Minitab. Working knowledge in SharePoint is preferred.
Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website