DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Charge Nurse (RN) to join our Medical Surgical Team! This role will work in a full time status.The hours of this position are 7p-7a with alternating weekends. POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Charge Nurse position is to assist the Manager or Director in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit. This role will provide feedback to the Manager or Director regarding patient care, budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment
- Paid family leave
And much more!
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- A BSN or MSN is preferred. Other qualifications considered include AA in Nursing or Nursing Diploma
- State of Florida RN License required. If contact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS – AHA Healthcare provider certification required upon hire
- ACLS within 90 days of hire.
- A minimum of 2 years of RN experience required
- Acute care experience preferred
- National Certification preferred
- Clinical expertise
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Supervision, delegation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful and able to make decisions quickly
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website