In this role, the Design and Process Engineer will be primarily responsible for supporting the Street Performance Group's engineering team through design of components and full shock absorber systems according to FOX principles, with a heavy focus on effective engineering process control to ensure on-time delivery of new products.
The street performance group includes all on road and circle track Motorsports engineering and production, along with high performance streetcar aftermarket engineering, design and development for manufacture at one of our production facilities.
Both segments are fast moving but require different disciplines and structure to operate efficiently which will require the ability to manage multiple and different projects at one time.
This role will require a highly structured and organized individual that works to existing FOX procedures but must also be able to create and define bespoke procedures that best suit the street performance division efficiency targets.
• Organize project timelines and manage action items across a cross-functional team; Commercial, engineering, purchasing, quality, and manufacturing.
• Determine nature of technical problems and possible solutions, such as product redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
• Generate production assembly procedures and documentation.
• Design of new parts and systems from concept level through to production release.
• Redesign existing parts for improved performance, quality and manufacturability.
• Create and maintain product 3D model, 2D print, BOM and ECN documentation
• Coordinate and execute large drafting revisions on a series of prints.
• Maintenance of production parts/prints to a high standard of detail Independently manage multiple projects.
• Track projects to target and report to management at key milestones.
• Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to solve technical challenges.
• Oversee fabrication of prototypes and communicate design information with suppliers
• Perform advanced engineering calculations and analysis.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 2-5 years' product development experience within the Automotive or Powersport industry, preferably in shock absorbers or suspension.
• Intermediate understanding of manufacturing processes (E.g. machining, forging, molding, stamping, high-volume assembly)
• Proficiency in Pro-E/CREO CAD; 3d models and 2d prints.
• Experience leading projects within a structured product development process.
• Excellent communication and ability to work across teams to achieve project goals.
• Experience with suspension systems, shock absorbers and vehicle dynamics.
• Powered vehicle and/or suspension enthusiast.
• Cross-functional team or matrixed project background
Apply on company website