Our company is searching for an experienced Sr. Buyer. The Sr. Buyer will be responsible for creating purchase orders in MRP tracking system, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued, answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Receives and reviews requisitions requesting goods or services.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as
- price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Creates and manages supplier request for proposals (RFPs)
- Prepares purchase orders, purchase materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
- Reacts to MRP messaging in a timely fashion to ensure that supply is aligned with demand requirements.
- Ensure data generated by system is accurate by being diligent with data input and maintaining correct dates.
- Supports spare parts procurement for plants, as needed
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services
- Coordinates, as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Operations Management from a four-year college or university is strongly preferred. Experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years' experience required, 7-10 years preferred, in a purchasing role within a manufacturing environment
- Must have success purchasing experience within MRP System
- Must be able to utilize combination of BOM, Master Production Schedule, and up to date inventory records to make sound purchasing decisions
- Basic Financial Analysis experience in ROI
- Need to be strong in the areas of responsiveness, sense of urgency, negotiations, assertiveness, customer service, and have impeccable attention to detail
- Advanced Experience within Excel (VLOOKUP's, Pivot Tables, and Marcos)
- Oracle EBS ERP strongly preferred; other ERP systems accepted
- Ability to merge Cross cultures and communication.
- Experience working in a purchasing role supporting multiple locations
- Experience working in a purchasing/procurement role within automotive industry preferred
Apply on company website