Job ID: req1881
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Facility: BLDG 1050: Other
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
The Research Subcontracts Department provides acquisition support to the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) as well as operations and specific subcontracting support for the NCI-Bethesda, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other related Government initiatives. Specifically, the Research Subcontracts Department provides pre and post-award acquisition and administration for highly complex research programs, scientific services, field trials, and related projects at FNLCR through execution of subcontracts with third parties, often commercial companies, non-profit research institutes, and/or universities.
- Draft solicitation packages, conduct source evaluations, negotiate terms, conditions, pricing and schedules
- Determine appropriate contract type (e.g., cost reimbursement, time & materials and fixed price)
- Review statements of work to ensure deliverables and acceptance criteria are clearly defined
- Perform price analysis, risk evaluation and award eligibility in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- File preparation, maintenance and documentation to meet internal audit standards
- Provide post award subcontracts administration (e.g., review invoices, modifications and close-out activities)
- Participate in special project groups
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- No work experience required with a Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in MS Excel/Word/Outlook
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website