Job ID 2000039Q
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. For a defined Area, responsible for supervising the overall operation, condition, maintenance, and repair of all water treatment, physical plant, medical equipment, mechanical/electrical systems in the centralized program so as to ensure safety of the patients as well as the staff operating the equipment. Ensures all decisions, actions and activities of Technical Department Personnel are compliant with company standard operation procedures and with all pertinent local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Oversees OSHA and regulatory compliance related issues ensuring appropriate actions taken to ensure required resolution. Demonstrates pride in the quality of work, regulatory compliance, and the environmental cleanliness of the facilities in the Centralized Technical Program. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Responsible for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develop and maintains relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Take initiative to respond to, resolve and follow up on customer issues in a timely manner.
- Overall management of Technical Services for an area. Area will typically consist of 10 to 25 clinics and 7 to 15 exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Works with Area Managers and/or Directors of Operations to ensure that operational, financial and regulatory requirements associated with Technical Service are met.
- Collaborates with area Quality and Education personnel on cross functional initiatives.
- Responsible for management and oversight of Area financial metrics i.e. TAP, maintenance parts cost, travel and expenses.
- Responsible for data integrity for management systems at the Area level i.e. PeopleSoft, Kronos, and Service Database.
- Responsible for piloting and implementation of new systems and processes as needed.
- Responsible for the following supervision and oversight activities for a defined Area:
- Repair and maintenance activities on water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, ancillary equipment, test equipment, and the physical plant as recommended by the manufacturer and by procedures established by FMCNA Clinical/Technical services as documented in the FMCNA Policies and Procedures.
- Document all repair and maintenance activity per applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of service parts.
- Ensure defective parts with associated RGA and warranty parts are returned in a timely manner.
- Actively support and participate in the Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) process.
- Cooperate with facility staff to ensure all regulatory and OSHA requirements are met.
- Perform water/dialysate sample collection and processing per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review, evaluate and report water/dialysate quality results per applicable policies and procedures.
- Transport equipment as needed.
- Collaborate with the Director of Technical Services to establish operating and financial goals.
- Monitor performance metrics and implement processes to impact them.
- Collaborate with the Regional Technical Operations Manager on selection of water treatment equipment in DeNovos, relocations and renovations.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager on technical and/or physical plant aspects associated with DeNovos, relocations and renovations.
- Collaborate with Operations personnel to ensure integration of Technical Services into acquired facilities.
- Perform Technical Assessments for clinics in assigned area.
- Initiate, monitor and manage external vendor service and/or maintenance agreements/contracts.
- Ensure that applicable manufacturers IFU's are available to personnel.
- Maintain a list of emergency contacts and ensure it is accessible to all facility personnel.
- Coordinate and provide Technical Services support needed during natural disasters or emergency situations.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Technical Supervisors and/or Biomedical Technicians as needed.
- Act as a mentor, role model and resource for Technical Services Personnel by setting an example of appropriate behavior, work habits and attitudes towards patients, coworkers and management.
- Train and mentor Technical Supervisors and/or Biomedical Technicians as required. Ensure proper training and education for all Technical Supervisors and Biomedical Technicians.
- Ensure that personnel and training records are maintained per policy and procedure and are accessible to authorized personnel and regulatory agencies.
- Provide ongoing and formal annual performance evaluations to Technical Supervisors and/or Biomed I and II.
- Oversee corrective actions and Personnel Improvement Plans (PIP) according to applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that technical sections of the Clinical Services Integrated Policy and Procedure manual are current.
- Implement technical policy and procedure changes upon approval from the Governing Body.
- Retain all technical records and logs according to the FMCNA retention policy.
- Participate in facility audits conducted by the RQM and federal, state or local surveyors preparing and implementing plan of correction for any technical deficiencies identified.
- Schedule / oversee Technical Supervisors and/or Biomedical Technicians to ensure appropriate coverage for a defined Area according to established criteria.
- Maintain and update water system diagrams and valve charts.
- Coordinate the installation of equipment and implementation of product initiatives and improvements.
- Perform and/or provide assistance with the Direct Patient Care Technical Training Program.
- Collaborate with Operations personnel to address adverse events and product complaints.
- Perform monthly SAP supply inventory process as required. Create SAP requisitions for equipment.
- Assist Operations personnel with technical aspects associated with DeNovos, relocations and renovations.
- Ensure that the dialysis machines, water system and mixing equipment is installed, operational and validated per manufactures documentation and FMCNA Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that the asset register for 8000 series equipment is maintained based on equipment movement and Finance Department criteria.
- Assist Operations personnel in the review and recommendation of capital equipment purchases.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with FMS affiliated physicians, ensuring communication and dissemination of pertinent information as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
· AA Degree in electronics /biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred.
· Successful completion of the FMCNA Biomedical Technician Technical Certification Program within the first 24 months of employment required.
· Nephrology / Biomedical Industry Technical Certification within 24 months of employment preferred. (choose one)
o Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT), Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT)
o National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO), Certified Biomedical Nephrology Technician (CBNT)
· Biomedical Industry Technical Certification preferred.
o Water Quality Association (WQA)Water Treatment Specialist (WTS)
o Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
· All required certifications must be maintained and current.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
· Minimum of three years experience working in an industrial/medical technical setting or two years experience and an AA Degree in electronics / biomedical technology.
· Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and FMCNA policy.
· Valid Driver's License issued in the employee's state of residence.
· Ability to use common hand tools and small power equipment.
· Ability to train subordinate personnel.
· Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and mainframe applications.
· Ability to comprehend and communicate in the English language.
· Employees have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Overnight travel may be required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website