Job ID 210006AA
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for managing, monitoring and supporting all aspects of established programs and assist in instituting new programs to ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment, as well as ensuring compliance with federal, state, local and corporate regulations and standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plans, organizes and coordinates activities that create a climate of safety consciousness among the employees to minimize work-related injuries, illness and lost time.
Serves as the Safety Committee Chair-educates, inspires, and invigorates the efforts through the management of special events such as Safety Week activities, Health walks and other employee wellness functions.
Assists in administration of OSHA programs. Works with corporate risk management, establishes written performance standards, goal and objectives for safety and/or health programs, as required, and implements approved programs
Administrates the Regulated Medical Waste Management program and provides annual reports to the State, county etc.
Administrates the Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control, Chemical Hygiene, Emergency Preparedness and Fire Safety Plans.
Administrates the Emergency Medical Response Program.
Conducts new hire training for safety and blood borne pathogens and color blindness testing for technical staff
Assists with or conducts ergonomic evaluations as needed
Reports communicable and infectious diseases to local, county and state health agencies
Assists in administration of Workers' Compensation Program. Makes meaningful suggestions on reduction in cost.
May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
- Builds stable working relationships internally.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Environmental Health or Laboratory Sciences.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 2 years' of clinical laboratory experience; or an advanced degree without experience,
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, Blood Borne Pathogens and other related safety issues required.
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Communication and instructional skills required
- Prior teaching and training experience
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website