Job ID 20000CMI
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Position will serve as center Director Of Nursing (DON)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Works with the Facility Manager, facility staff and physician to coordinate the facility operations and patient procedures to ensure provision of quality patient care on a daily basis in accordance with FMCNA policies, procedures and training. Provides nursing support to patients and staff. Assist with staffing, staff training, equipment, physician and patient relations, cost containment, supply management, medical records, patient billing, OSHA and all company, state and federal compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI tools.
Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMCNA quality goals, by working with the Vice President of Quality and other FMCNA management to ensure that FMCNA/ASC policies and procedures are followed.
Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds.
Complies with all data collections and auditing activities and maintains integrity of medical records and other FMCNA administrative and operational records.
Supervises and directs facility staff in providing safe and effective vascular access procedures to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility policy and procedures manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the company, federal and state agencies.
Assigns and delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff, including Staff RNs, Radiology Technologists, Front Desk Coordinator and Porter.
Ensures adequate staffing through daily management of staff's schedule, including breaks.
Assess daily patient needs and develop/distribute patient care assignments appropriately.
Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures and assist as necessary.
Recommends and initiates disciplinary action in conjunction with the Facility Manager.
Assists Facility Manager with staff performance evaluations.
Participates in selection, orientation and training of staff as assigned.
Performs and sets-up in-services regarding equipment, supplies and clinical for all staff.
Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge.
Ensures patients and patient's families are educated regarding pre and post procedure care of vascular access.
Ensures patient's procedures are scheduled in a timely manner and the facility capacity is utilized efficiently.
As needed, assist with patient workflow, including providing direct patient care and monitoring pre, intra and post procedure.
Oversees and ensures accurate and complete documentation of patient treatments from admission to discharge.
Confirms written orders, consents and lab work are completed and documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes appropriate preparation of lab requisitions, delivery to appropriate labs, reporting and forwarding of lab results to appropriate physician.
Assumes primary responsibility in an emergency situation and must maintain competency with all emergency operational procedures, and initiate CPR and emergency measures as needed.
Administers medications and IV conscious sedation to patients as directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with company, federal, state and local regulations.
Attends and participates in Governing Body and CQI meetings with physicians, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings and reporting on assigned topics.
Ensures appropriate operation of facility equipment and technology, including but not limited, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers.
Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the entire vascular access facility at all times through regular inspection of facility equipment and operation systems, reporting any malfunctions or maintenance issues.
Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to the FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
Participates in cost control initiatives. Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in the FMCNA formularies.
Assists in the development and revision of any applicable policies and procedures for the facility as directed to ensure continuous process improvement.
Initiates, documents and completes ongoing Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attend meetings as required.
Manages medications, including ordering, receiving, and inventory control and checking for expired medications, including appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
Oversees maintenance of usage logs for all medications with appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal.
Communicates with the pharmacist to assure medication accuracy, including appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures prior to discharge of the patient. Performs chart audits on a regular basis.
Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
Verifies records for all implanted devices are completed accurately, timely and maintained according to records management guidelines.
Acts as the Facility Manager in the absence of the manager or at the direction of FMCNA management.
Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient information and medical records.
Maintain CLIA license with Facility Administrator.
Other duties as assigned, within the scope of practice and state regulations.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Facility direct patient care staff (Staff RNs, LPNs, Radiology Technologist, Front Desk Coordinator, Porter)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification.
- ASC certification preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of three years' experience in an Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access Lab, or a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU experience.
- Minimum of three years of Interventional Radiology, scrub experience preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience within a medical or vascular access environment preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary. Experience with Medical database software.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership and supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR certification.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website