Job ID 20000AKU
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Working on CPA or has CPA is a plus. A mix of public accounting and private accounting experience is a plus. Experience with multi-entity structures, strong understanding of journal entries and reconciliations, self starter, organized
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Accountant develops, implements, and/or maintains one or more accounting systems. Through in-depth research and analysis, the incumbent reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations. The Sr. Accountant supports the maintenance of company policies and procedures that ensure financial systems are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other accounting regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in-depth analysis of diverse finance and accounting data; ensuring all transactions are in compliance with current company policies & procedures and regulatory/industry guidelines and requirements.
- Conduct high level analysis of the general ledger account(s) with an emphasis on the substance of assigned balance sheet accounts; providing an essential contribution to month-, quarter-, and year-end closings of the general ledger account(s).
- May perform routine internal and external audits as requested.
- May assist with process reviews, business process analyses and internal control monitoring to ensure compliance with the specifications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) within assigned function.
- Maintain current knowledge of new accounting pronouncements and regulations for assigned function(s) by identifying, recommending and assisting with the implementation of process improvements, procedure revisions, policy changes, etc. as necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or a PhD without experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Prior experience in a multi-location accounting environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise resource planning (ERP), corporate performance management (CPM), and analytical reporting systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise, BEx, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website