Job ID 21000AX7
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- R&D (Research & Development) Procurement Experience
- Consulting Services: Software Development Consulting, Engineering Services, etc.
- Legal Services related to Intellectual Property
- Lab Testing & Calibration Services
- Project Management
- German as Language is a plus, English is required.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for executing strategies to support GMQS (Global Manufacturing Quality and Supply) North America Manufacturing Strategic Procurement organization objectives. Responsible for source development, supply strategy, negotiations, contracts, and supplier management for assigned materials and services. Coordinates with North America Plant Procurement and regional GMQS Strategic Procurement organizations to ensure alignment of procurement strategy where material/service synergies exist.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of strategic procurement; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. In coordination with Plant and Global cross-functional staff, develops, leads, and executes supply strategies including qualification of alternative materials or sources. Ensures financial and quality objectives/requirements are clearly identified and met.
Maintains professional relations with suppliers, other external entities, and Fresenius personnel.
Prepares Requests for Proposals and oversees proposal process for assigned materials/ services.
Performs Proposal analysis, including price analyses and “Should Cost” modeling.
Develops cost targets for negotiations, and negotiation strategy.
Supports GMQS North America manufacturing plants in developing budgeted standard cost for materials/services.
Analyzes GMQS North American and global commodity or service market trends for assigned material/service purchases. Broadcasts opportunities to GMQS North America Manufacturing Executive and Plant Management, and where applicable GMQS regional Strategic Procurement, and recommends action plans based on market trends.
Monitors and prepares reports for established performance metrics.
Drafts contracts, ensuring compliance to legal and internal/external regulations and/or policies.
Maintains contract database for assigned materials/services.
Ensures RTG manufacturing and global contracts are administered in accordance with contract terms.
Acts as Liaison for resolving supplier/material related issues on assigned materials/services.
Initiates and leads cost reduction and continuous improvement programs including alternative materials/sources, E-commerce, freight, and SAP utilization enhancements.
Complies with cGMP, ISO, other regulatory requirements, and internal SOPs. Complies with Safety procedures.
Maintains general housekeeping of working area and plant.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
May provide assistance to lower level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
Mentors other staff as applicable.
Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Our Company Values: Honesty & Integrity, Quality, Respect & Dignity, Innovation & Improvement, Teamwork & Safety are the guiding principles of employee behavior at FMCNA.
Writes policies as assigned.
Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. Occasionally required walk.
- Corrected 20/20 vision is required.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
- CPM (NAPM Certified Purchasing Manager) and CPIM (APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management) preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of related procurement experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals at a professional level.
- Ability to effectively present information, including organizing and making presentations, and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to correctly apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions, conversions of weight/dimensions/currency, ability to draw and interpret graphs. Must understand Accounting principles as applicable to procurement.
- Must possess strong financial analysis skills including but not limited to cost and price analysis, analyzing foreign currency impacts on material/service costs, and calculating time value of money.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Purchasing & Inventory related ERP system modules.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record. May be required to work late/extended hours to meet project deadlines.
- Reference ComplianceWire Curriculum.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website