Job ID 190009JI
Available Openings 1
Lead, inspire, motivate and develop a team of strong, versatile performers. Brighten prospects for patients as well as your career. Help others, and enhance your potential for success with a premier healthcare organization. Connect with your goals and change lives with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Use your passion for excellence to drive positive change—one patient at a time. Empower and encourage your team to learn and develop new skills. Established as the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form powerful bonds among patients, their families, and our team members. Through this unique approach, we have built an atmosphere of clinical excellence and professional achievement. Offering vast training and development opportunities, we advance careers and the health of countless individuals.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you'll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's “World's Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Clinical ManagerThis is a unique opportunity to build a career with a premier healthcare provider. As a clinical supervisor of our hemodialysis team, the natural leader we select will provide direction, inspiration, and counseling to staff members, and coordinate all aspects of care, from admission to discharge. In addition, this individual will hire, train, lead a team, and ensure quality control and compliance with laws and regulations. PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Ensure provision of quality patient care while maintaining cost-effective clinical operations in accordance with all legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements and programs. Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and FMS patient care and administrative policies As the clinical leader, has the authority to make daily decisions to ensure continuity of care and patient and staff safety. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMS quality standards through meeting all ESRD regulatory requirements and the practice of Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI), including use of FMS QAI tools.
- Implements FMS quality goals and develops facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMS quality goals, by working with the appropriate In Service Director, Regional Quality Manager and Vice President of Quality, Regional Vice President, and FMS Clinical Services Department to ensure that FMS policy and procedure is followed.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds.
- Oversees facility's Home Therapies Program if applicable.
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including safety.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures, transplant options, modality awareness, and access care, including catheter reduction and adherence to treatment regime.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments and care plans by organizing meetings of the facility's Interdisciplinary Team to discuss patient care plans and to resolve patient problems.
- Directs initiation, maintenance and communication of efficient and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of the facility station efficiency.
- Is aware of and develops a mechanism or process for knowing the specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations, no-shows, catheter use, and any significant change in patient care status.
- Develops action plans for unexcused and missed treatments in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- When required by the Area Manager, acts as the initial RN Case Manager for disease management patients. Plans, coordinates and acts as the liaison for patient care as per the disease management agreement, including initial and ongoing validation of member eligibility. Works with payor case managers to facilitate timely workup of patients for access management, dialysis services, patient education, hospitalizations, and kidney transplantation as appropriate, and ensures coordination of care with the multidisciplinary renal team. Communicates changes in patient status regarding clinical, insurance, travel and transportation issues to the disease management company. Maintains current knowledge of disease management software and systems as pertinent.
- Responsible for implementation of FMS staffing, and medical supply models, to provide quality patient care, and makes recommendations to Area Manager.
- Participates in the recruitment and interview process, and decision to hire new personnel.
- Ensures completion of new hiring orientation and training including mandatory in-services and ICD-9 code training when applicable. Ensures documentation completed for annual in service training, and policy and procedure in service updates.
- Responsible for all patient care employees receiving appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives.
- Provides opportunities for professional growth, and training to ensure clinical competence and the ability for licensed staff to assume Team Leader responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed personnel, direct patient care staff, reporting indirect patient care personnel as assigned, and when necessary, technical staff. Provides employee education and guidance, and feedback related to performance.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding FMCNA benefits, Human Resources policies, procedures, and processes, and acts as a resource to facility staff.
- Provides counseling for all clinical staff members at regular intervals offering support and encouraging professional growth.
- Completes timely employee evaluations and establishes annual goals for staff.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary conferences in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers with the Area Manager and Human Resources regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Participates in Corporate and Business Unit specific employee recognition and satisfaction programs.
- Ensures a strong communication and educational process with facility staff, Area Manager, Business Unit, Regional and Corporate office personnel, including communication of FMS area, regional and corporate initiatives and policies and procedures to staff.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely employee schedules according to the needs of the facility.
- Creates and implements a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Process Improvement Team that involves staff in problem solving.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with FMS Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians, through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Participates in Governing Body.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Responsible for the integrity and safety of the facility water system.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of all facility equipment and technology.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all FMS manuals.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review and ICD-9 coding.
- Checks correspondence whether electronic, paper or voice mail, and responds as appropriate.
- Directs information gathering as required supporting billing and collection activities.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS formularies
- Participates in the completion and interpretation of the Pl-17 inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews and approves facility payroll.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Area Manager
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Participates in the completion of the FMS Administrative Clinical Review.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Advanced education preferred.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in clinical nursing is required. Experience in med/surg or ICU/CCU is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months chronic or acute dialysis nursing experience is required.
- Must be available as a full-time employee and provide on-call coverage when necessary.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of dialysis personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Must complete Clinical Manager training modules and ongoing developmental programs within the specified time line.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website