Job ID 20000H1U
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Cybersecurity Engineer I provides technical expertise and supports product development teams in identifying and resolving known and unknown vulnerabilities associated with FMCRTG medical devices. This role serves as a key core team member in developing cybersecurity risk analyses for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis medical device products and related services. Main responsibilities of the role include: developing and maintaining cybersecurity risk analyses for Fresenius products; and providing inputs and technical expertise to eliminate or mitigate identified cybersecurity risks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as security resource and collaborate with cross functional project teams during cybersecurity risk analysis for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis and related products across the product life cycle.
- Assist in vulnerability assessment and penetration testing across FMCRTG products.
- Assist in performing & documenting cybersecurity risk assessments with focus on identifying known and unknown vulnerabilities utilizing different assessment techniques.
- Assist in developing mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities across product lines.
- Participate in the application security process for new and legacy products.
- Assist in developing and delivering cybersecurity training to project teams on cybersecurity.
- Understand and ensure compliance with current and applicable US laws and regulations that affect medical device cybersecurity.
- Understand and stay current on best practices and guidance on achieving security.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 30% travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or Cyber security or related field
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 2 years related experience in cybersecurity
Industry security certifications (Security+ or similar) a plus
Experience with Kali Linux or similar cyber security assessment suites strongly preferred.
Some programming or scripting experience preferred.
Experience with VM Ware Desktop Pro a plus.
Knowledge and understating of Medical Device Regulation, Quality, and Design Controls (ISO 13485, ISO14971, FDA 21 CFR 820.30) a plus.
Knowledge of a cyber security framework a plus (Ex. NIST SP 800, ISO 27000, NIST CSF)
Strong communication skills both across technical and non-technical audiences, both written and in-person and with customers as well as management.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Creativity in addressing technical challenges.
Proven record to deliver results
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website