Job ID 2000095K
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information This position can be located anywhere in the country and can be fully remote
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Partners with the Acumen team to enable the successful ongoing development of the Acumen 2.0 platform and achieve its clinical and business goals. Combines clinical expertise (to be the voice of the end user), technology (to inform product development) and strong influence and interpersonal skills (to align internal and external stakeholders). Spans both the strategic perspective (on ambulatory & analytics roadmap) as well as hands-on engagement (on workflow design, content and validation). Advocates for Acumen with clients and internal stakeholders. Ensures the appropriate alignment of department goals with those of the company and takes the necessary actions to ensure successful execution of initiatives to support these goals and the needs of the company. Integrates clinical science, computer science, and information science to manage and communicate data, information, and knowledge in clinical practice of FKC dialysis clinics and ambulatory practices. Facilitates the integration of data, information, and knowledge to support patient, physicians and clinicians in their decision-making in all roles and settings. Functions as a bridge between the medical office, Information technology and ambulatory practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Uses a structured problem-solving method to optimize clinical systems and select, develop, implement, and evaluate informatics solutions for Dialysis and ambulatory nephrology practices.
Participates in advocating, facilitating and supporting development and implementation of strategies, initiatives and tools to advance the use of Information Technology in nephrology practices and dialysis facilities as appropriate, providing subject matter expertise as needed. Acts as liaison between the nephrology practices and Acumen Physician Solutions to ensure current and future business needs are identified and addressed.
Assists in the promotion of the use of Information Technology in clinical settings in general and within the nephrology physician practices specifically.
Participates by working closely with Acumen Product Development staff representing the needs and requirements of the nephrology physician community and providing clinical feedback as the Acumen product suite evolves, assisting with the translation of these needs and requirements into specifications to enhance the Acumen software product.
Contributes by providing focused expertise concerning the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patient population:
Accountable Care Model, Disease Management, and MACRA
Provides subject matter expertise to assist with the clinical development of Acumen
Develops evidence–based medicine treatment algorithms which can be integrated within to clinical decision support architecture
Benchmarking of clinical quality measures in CKD and ESRD care
Acts as a focal point for integration between Acumen and eCube platforms.
Assists in developing Product Requirement Document Contributes to the development of strong relationship networks with the nephrologists and decision makers to advance/encourage the implementation of the Acumen suite of products. Helps the growth teams with clinical demos of the Acumen products as needed.
Assists in development of Business Requirements.
Owns and drives Clinical Health Information Technology Initiatives.
Coordination of Provider Advisory Council on Technology and Acumen Medical Advisory Board, user and community forums
Analyzes and maps physician & clinical workflows to evaluate efficiency, usability, and data integrity. Identifies any opportunities for improvement and creates optimal workflow designs in harmony with policies, procedures and best practices.
Works as a supporter and change agent for organizational leadership and clinicians to ensure maximum performance and benefit from the clinical information systems.
Conducts site visits to review and evaluate clinical practice as necessary
Participates and leads committees and task forces as appropriate.
Leverages knowledge from clinical and Informatics experience to develop, troubleshoot, and improve clinical systems that are beneficial in helping the organization to provide enhanced quality of patient care
Serves as liaison between the organization and physicians regarding requests, questions or concerns and collaborates with the medical office to develop new clinical procedures based on new technologies or new innovations.
Provides senior level project management and team facilitation support to process improvement and utilizes the project lifecycle to plan, implement, monitor and sustain associated improvements.
Develops and makes formal presentations to diverse audiences at various levels within and outside the organization.
- Creates, maintains and serves as content expert on clinical workflow
Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work, interaction with patients, field and corporate staff and physicians. The position requires travel for clinical assessment and problem solving as well as presentations at Company-wide, Corporate, Division, Regional or Area Meetings as appropriate.
- The work environment is characteristic of both a health care facility and office environment with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of clinical quality and/or administrative support staff.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Required: Medical Doctor
- Preferred: Master's degree in Informatics, public health or related Healthcare discipline. This requirement can be waived in favor of extensive experience in clinical systems implementation/optimization.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 8 - 10 years' related experience.
- 5-7 years' experience in design, development, implementation or management of electronic health records.
- Clinical experience in Nephrology or Internal Medicine strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of patient care experience
- Possesses strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in patient care environments and in-depth knowledge of clinical processes and clinical workflows associated with patient care;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exemplary customer service;
- Skilled level knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of project management and systems life cycle
- Critical thinking and decision making.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website