Job ID 210008R2
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
This is a people manager role that will oversee 6 Territory Sales Managers in the Northeast Region.
Ideal candidate will come from dialysis, medical device or other referral based health care background.
Must be able to work with Territory Managers, physicians, surgery center staff and operations.
Must have demonstrated coaching and employee development experience.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directs and drives regional sales functions for an assigned geography of FVC access centers/facilities providing oversight and guidance to the Regional Sales Managers in order to meet or exceed the regional sales goals and objectives. Collaborates with peers, VP Sales, and Operations Senior Management, to develop short and long term business strategies and tactics to achieve sales targets and objectives. Takes the appropriate actions to ensure the effective execution of the business strategies making local changes as needed
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business unit(s).
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area(s).
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Technically proficient leader in the specific department and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Has a large range within a department or multiple departments.
- A strong tactical decision-maker; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Handles unforeseen issues.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Has significant program or project responsibility generally within the function.
- Develops, modifies and executes company policies that affect immediate operations, with potential company-wide effect.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manages the activities and operations of two or more departments, directly impacting specific functional area. Establishes operations objectives and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations, and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Interacts frequently with internal departments and external customers/vendors; particularly in problem resolution. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Directs the activities and functions of an assigned team of Fresenius Vascular Care (FVC) Regional Sales Managers (RSM) providing guidance, expertise and support to facilitate achievement of company goals and objectives pertaining to the growth of company revenue and profitability, and sales volume/sales targets. Contributes to development of FVC sales objectives and ongoing sales strategies to achieve the objectives. Interprets and implements the strategies customizing accordingly to address and accommodate local business needs.
- Works with RSMs, VP Sales, and Operations management to develop, update and implement strategic business plans for the assigned regions and for each individual FVC Center/Facility to provide for revenue goal attainment.
- Evaluates and assesses market and customers to identify and develop opportunities that will increase sales for all products
- Utilizes marketing research and strategic analysis project results to identify options and present recommendations to be considered in developing strategic plans for recommendations of new procedures to be performed by the Center, and promotional support for existing procedures performed
- Creates market models to forecast the demand by center and by procedure that may include but is not limited to: penetration assessment by dialysis clinic and doctor; marketing support required; referral patterns; marketing expenditures; and competitive landscape.
- Developing models for the prediction of new procedures or a new physician at one of the assigned Centers. Analysis would include determining the potential revenues and costs over time, identifying the necessary marketing materials to support the new services and or physician, and the expenses and the potential impact associated with the development of new procedures or a new physician.
- Collaborates with the FVC Marketing department, Operations management, and peers to develop and execute sales advertising and promotional programs to gain market share.
- Participates in the development and obtaining the appropriate approvals for collateral material necessary to promote Center operations and marketing including but not limited to brochures, flyers, TV and Radio Advertisements, and reminder items.
- Collaborates with the appropriate stakeholders to create full marketing plans for new (denovo) and acquired centers/facilities to include timelines for all critical activity including but not limited to market assessment, RSM requirements, materials needed (business cards, announcements, etc…), advertising required, market data for Customer Relationship Management (CRM tool), and preliminary clinic visits by FVC personnel.
- Provides oversight regarding the utilization by the RSMs of the CRM tool (currently Salesforce.com) to ensure accurate and consistent capturing of the required data and appropriate notations regarding promotional activities. May contribute and provide input regarding new requirements for the tool, workflow, training, and report generation.
- Develops presentations to promote FVC services to dialysis clinics and Medical Directors customizing for local idiosyncrasies as needed. Obtains the appropriate approvals for materials utilized in the presentations such as patient specific pictures etc.
- Prepares regular presentations and reports describing the situation assessment for assigned centers/facilities and markets including the potential market opportunities for FVC Senior Management and occasionally for corporate executives.
- Provides oversight for budget planning and sales forecasting for assigned region ensuring that procedure and expense forecasts are accurate and predict, within the foreseeable circumstances, both volumes and procedures.
- Supervises, directs and develops the FVC Regional Sales Managers providing guidance, advice, subject matter expertise and support as needed. Contributes to the improvement of outcomes and efficiencies by ensuring the team is properly trained and motivated towards meeting department, divisional, regional and corporate related goals and objectives. Provides counseling, support, and encouragement regarding professional growth as appropriate. Ensures all representatives are in full compliance with all FMC and FVC policies through constant and consistent reinforcement as well as documented field observation.
- Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process, counseling and working with the RSM to establish individual short and long term performance goals. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with Human Resources partners.
- Collaborates with HR resources to recruit and interview candidates for the open RSM positions. Follows the FMCNA process regarding obtaining recommendations for employment and promotion offers for candidates according to FVC selection standards. Works with HR to ensure execution of offer letters and appropriate completion of other related new hire and promotion paperwork according to FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Works with the National Trainers to develop a formal training programs and plans for RSMs including ensuring the appropriate training and orientation of new and current RSMs regarding FVC and FMCNA policies and procedures, developing targeted training plans to accommodate local business needs and local market conditions customizing the content as appropriate.
- Enlists the National Field Trainer to evaluate and work with RSMs who require additional coaching. Collaborates with National Field Trainer regarding feedback pertaining to training needs and a proposed plan of action.
- Proactively monitor reports and the competitive landscape to assess trends, communicate issues or concerns and take appropriate actions.
- Negotiates the best rate and placement for advertising and other activity spend with the pertinent vendors to maximize return. Plans, coordinates and conducts business for educational events in the evenings or weekends to support the assigned FVC facilities/centers.
- May work with staff at a center/facility that does not have a RSM to ensure a successful new center/facility opening, or provide promotional support to an existing center/facility where there is a vacancy, change in procedure mix, etc. Represents FVC at meetings and conventions that may or may not be associated directly with the assigned FVC facilities/centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires travel which could be in excess of 80% between assigned facilities and various locations within the country. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
Regional Sales Manager
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years' related experience.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager; or 3+ years' experience in a senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including knowledge of adult motivation concepts, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making
- Strong coaching and counseling skills
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results oriented.
- Maintains knowledge of technical and clinical aspects of the vascular access business.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary. products or services capacity
- Platform and facilitation skills
- Skilled at conflict resolution
- Excellent computer skills required with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website