Job ID 210005VW
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Engineer II Engineering System Operations role works to embed in product teams / development projects and drive operational excellence in bringing and applying the right engineering processes, methods and tools in a compliant way with focus on improving project's efficiency. Acts as “one-stop-shop” and 1st line of support for a given product team / development project concerning all questions around correct usage of engineering capabilities / assets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct support, training and guidance while embedded within product development teams, with a focus on efficiency; requires knowledge & proficiency of relevant development processes, including but not limited to, quality management system, design control and quality engineering.
- Ensure consistent implementation of tools & methodologies while adhering to quality and compliance requirements; interface with design assurance and regulatory groups as needed
- Driving usage ("run mode") of engineering capabilities specifically to the product / development project by keeping centrally global definition in focus; pro-actively address complicated question on configuration mgt., analytics on product data, dependencies with Quality Management System
- Helping to solve questions / issue as quick / high performance support between product team and DES (as well as other central GRD teams, as DQA, SSM), also by involving greater GTO / capability expert network in GRD / GMQS if required
- Rolling-out / deploying new engineering capabilities / assets around entire engineering value chain (e.g. Requirements Management, Testing / Verification, Product Structure / Engineering-BOM/M-BOM, Configuration / Change Mgt., Product Cost Management) specifically for one or more product team / development projects towards (design) Digital Twin vision
- Acting as one-stop-shop / 1st line of support in the product team / development project for all engineering process, method and tools questions in day-to-day operations
- Pro-actively spread correct usage of an engineering capability within the product team / development project; support and conduct training of engineering capabilities
- Capturing feedback and identify additional needs from product team / development project for improvements, enhancements, deficiencies, and pain points with engineering capabilities route back to DES (or other responsible central team)
- Work in partnership among the Engineering System organization to support the creation of enterprise level engineering processes, methods, tools
- Collaborating closely with Global Topic Owners (Process Owners) and its community
- Apply new engineering methods / technologies as pilot
- Provide process and tool application training to GRD teams
- SME on the detailed design and development SOPs, GTOs as SOP Owners
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or scientific discipline required; advanced degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years' related experience.
- Master's Degree with industry experience.
- PhD Degree with Postdoctoral related experience.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website