Job ID 20000FIA
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Functions as part of the Home Therapies dialysis health care team as the Coordinator of Home Therapies for a defined geographic area. Ensures provision of quality home patient care in accordance with FMS policies, procedures and training and collaborates with Business Unit management and support personnel to grow the assigned Home Therapies program. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of home therapy support care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. Oversees the delivery of home dialysis therapy to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility policy and procedure manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the Corporation, state and federal agencies. Ensures standard of dialysis provided is at least the equivalent to that provided to facility patients.
- Ensures all educational needs of patient and family are met regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- Oversees the delivery of the FMS Treatment Options Program.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions.
- Develops a process for acquiring and maintaining knowledge of the specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations, and any significant change in patient care status.
- Enters physician lab orders into the Medical Information System accurately and follows company policies and government regulations related to the collection, packaging, and delivery of lab specimens and reporting of results.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into systems to ensure appropriate and accurate billing of Home Therapies services.
- Maintains appropriate skill levels with all emergency operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of cardiac and/or respiratory arrests when the patient is in the medical office.
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed personnel, direct patient care staff, indirect patient care personnel as assigned, and when necessary, technical staff. Provide employee education, guidance, and performance related feedback.
- Participates in Business Unit and FMS corporate initiatives, projects, and audits as directed.
- Utilizes the Business Unit Director of Home Therapies as a resource.
- Creates and implements a Process Improvement Team (CQI) that involves staff in problem solving.
- Ensures competency HT personnel in the operation of all home dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
- Directs staff and patients in the preventive maintenance of home therapy equipment, including water systems and analyses as appropriate.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMS quality goals, by working with the appropriateRegional Director of Education,Regional Quality Manager, Vice President of Quality, Regional Vice President, and FMS Clinical Services Department to ensure that FMS policy and procedure is followed.
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including safety.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all FMSHome Therapymanuals.
- Directs information gathering required to support billing and collection activities.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies, and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS formularies.
- Completes all monthly and annual reporting as required by company policies and government regulations.
- Participates in the completion and interpretation of the PI-17 inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Area Manager.
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care plans by organizing meetings of the health care team to discuss patient care plans and resolve patient problems.
- Responsible for ensuringalert/panic reports and abnormal lab resultsare communicated to the appropriate physician.
- Collaborates with HT Program Manager/Area Manager to facilitate the application process for physician privileges and compliance with FMS Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Develops and maintains strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitates staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience plus one year dialysis nursing experience required.
- Medical-surgical or ICU nursing experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of dialysis therapies.
- Competent at operating all Home Therapies related equipment.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification with maintenance as required.
- Icd-9 coding Training.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including, but not limited to communication, customer service, performance management and continuous quality improvement.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website