Job ID 21000A3I
Available Openings 2
Position Specific Information
"Greater NYC market"
Lend direction as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here is your opportunity to make profound connections that make all the difference. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we know what it takes to create strong bonds among patients, their families, and our team members—and why it matters. Within this positive environment, those in our care can achieve better outcomes—and professionals can achieve their most important objectives.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you'll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's “World's Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
INFUSION NURSE COORDINATOR:
Coordinates and provides the delivery of patient services and the management of the POIC by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
• Standards of Practice
Understands and conforms to the rules and regulations affecting the RN's current area of practice including federal, state and local laws.
1. Know the rationale for and the effects of medications and treatments and shall correctly administer the same.
2. Accurately and completely report and document.
a. The client's status including signs, symptoms and responses.
b. Care rendered.
c. Physician orders.
d. Administration of medications and treatments.
e. Client response(s).
f. Contacts other health care team members concerning significant events regarding client's status.
3. Respect the client's right to privacy by protecting confidential information unless obligated or allowed by law to disclose the information.
4. Obtain instruction and supervision as necessary when implementing procedures or practices.
5. Notify the appropriate supervisor when leaving an assignment.
6. Know, recognize and maintain professional boundaries of the clinician-client relationship.
7. Report unsafe nursing practice which a clinician has reasonable cause to suspect has exposed or is likely to expose a client unnecessarily to risk of harm as a result of failing to provide client care that conforms to the minimum standards of acceptable and prevailing professional practice.
8. Be responsible for one's own continuing competence in clinical practice and individual professional growth.
• Ensures quality and safe delivery of OIC care service.
o Practice is guided by policies, procedures and standards of clinical practice.
o Understands and implements current standards of practice for infusion therapy.
o Adheres to policies related to medication safety, including documentation of orders, correct administration, double check procedures and other established policies and practices.
o Understands use of products and equipment.
o Observes and monitors OSHA, infection control and safety policies.
o Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer/patient satisfaction and ensure excellence.
o Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff by following established procedures and protocols.
o Accurately documents, implements and evaluates Physician orders in a timely manner.
o Initiates teaching using patient teaching protocols and patient care standards.
o Identifies expected outcomes and nursing interventions to meet identified diagnosis.
o Implements nursing interventions to meet patient needs and changing conditions. Monitors patients for compliance with therapy.
o Completes all documentation accurately and timely.
o Maintains client/family rights and maintains confidentiality.
o Recognizes the nurse/patient/family relationship impacts the patient experience. Understands and respects nursing boundaries.
o Shows kindness and care with patient/family. Displays sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others.
• Drug Preparation and Management
o Ensures that drugs are ordered, received and stored properly.
o Maintains optimal drug and supply inventory and reports are submitted in a timely manner.
o Ensures that proper technique is used in the preparation of sterile products.
o Ensures that the mixing area is clean, neat and orderly at all times.
o Responsible for the accuracy of information recorded for proper patient billing.
o Ensures that all purchasing invoices and inventory records are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
o Participates in ongoing training and education.
• Referral Management
o Submits referral timely and accurately.
o Notifies appropriate person of referral concerns.
o Roster is reviewed, updated and current.
• General Site Management
o Communicates recommendations and requirements for additional services to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
o Consistently addresses and communicates patient concerns to the Physician and OIC staff.
o Completes job tasks on time by planning and organizing the schedule of activities.
o Effectively communicates with Pharmacy for collaboration of protocols, patient care and Physician communication.
o Communicates with OIC staff, Division Managers, Physicians and Corporate clinical as necessary.
o Nursing calendar/ patient schedules reflects planned visits 2 weeks in advance.
o Delegates responsibilities appropriately.
o Performs nursing functions in staffing situations.
o Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently. Monitors supplies to maintain appropriate inventory.
o Accurately performs drug and supply inventory.
o Nursing billing is accurate and timely.
o Ensures a RN is available at all times during OIC office hours.
o Ensures a RN is on call for emergencies involving patients 24 hours, if site not utilizing Healix Call Center
• Professional Growth
o Monitors and maintains professional licensure and qualification of staff nursing.
o Participates in case conferences and staff meetings.
o Promotes importance of team collaboration and communications.
o Maintains professional competence, particularly in the areas of clinical knowledge.
o Presents a positive image of the OIC at all times, and at professional functions, with patients, physicians, OIC staff, etc.
o Recognizes the impact of one's behavior of others.
o Deals with others in a pleasant and respectful manner.
o Assumes responsibility for improving care/services.
o Performs as a preceptor to other nurses.
o Monitors staff completion of assignments.
o Clearly defines work assignments.
o Resourceful in handling assignments and solving problems; flexible in adjusting to a new or changing work environment/requirement.
o Communicates with staff regarding assignments, as necessary.
• Performs Additional Assigned Responsibilities as necessary
o Fulfills additional responsibilities accurately and completely in a timely manner.
o Submits written reports in a timely manner.
o Cooperates with staff members according to OIC philosophy and objectives.
o Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and responsibility.
o Participates in the development of patient education programs.
o Participates in establishing (written and instructing other staff) protocols for the initiation of new therapies or new care related programs.
o Participates in committee meetings.
o Actively participates in the CQI program through meetings and gathering of information.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONBILITIES
• Communicates with clients and fellow employees through written and verbal forms, clearly and timely.
• Interacts professionally with clients and fellow employees.
• Cooperates with team members to accomplish departmental goals.
• Accepts and incorporates changes or new ideas into daily work.
• Provides service in a responsive, timely and accurate manner to both clients and fellow employees.
• Understands and adheres to policies and procedures.
• Arrives at work as scheduled and notifies supervisors in a timely manner of any absences.
• Recognizes priorities and takes action; makes productive use of time.
• Strives to resolve problems and conflicts on his/her own initiative.
• Attempts to create new ideas or new procedures working as part of a group or individually.
• As a part of your job, you will receive protected health information. It is your responsibility to comply with HIPAA in using and disclosing health information.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
• BSN or AND or
• College or university program certificate; 2 – 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Applicable State License
• CPR certification
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of two years recent clinical experience to include excellent IV skills
• One-year experience in Home Health Care or Home IV Therapy
• Management experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
o Regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
o Frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
o Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pound and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
o Frequently exposed to blood borne pathogens
o Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website