Job ID 20000F0J
Available Openings 2
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provide technical direction in relation to machine operation and assist Supervisor. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; resolving problems and interfacing between employees and supervisor. Keep the production lines running in an efficient and compliant manner. Perform all shift supervisory roles in the event of the Supervisor's absence.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor all department operations including yields, reject trends, quality and compliance. Follow and enforce all clean room procedures including gowning technique and hand washing.
- Troubleshoot and area systems and production equipment as deviations occur. Ensure they are operating as designed.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the verification of area system operation, line clears, operating parameters and quality system functions on the BPR as per SOP.
- Monitor individual employee performance and assists employees needing additional training.
- Notify supervisor of general operating problems as well as employee issues, concerns and performance by advising supervisor of individual employee strengths and weaknesses.
- Assist as needed with validations.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Contacts are frequently with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications; requires skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communications.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May act as an informal team leader and provides assistance to junior level staff with support tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Maintain current GMP standards and operation procedures throughout the shift.
- Maintain general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Follow all Fresenius Policies.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 – 6 years' related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must be able to meet Fresenius' minimum vision requirements for product inspection.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website