Job ID 21000C4U
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Shift: Monday - Tuesday 9:30am - 3:30pm, Thursday - Friday 9:30am - 3:30pm, Wednesday 9:00am - 5:30 pm with Saturday rotation
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The primary function of the Lead Specimen Handler is to work closely with department Supervisors and Managers to expedite processing and routing of samples to the technical staff for analysis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a skilled specialist, completes specimen preparation for testing tasks in resourceful and effective ways which include, but are not limited to, maintaining even flow of samples for testing, sorting specimens for testing, communicates with the Lab Assistants regarding re-occurring problems and changes in test requirements, daily schedules and allocates staff to meet the needs of the workflow and workload in the department for maximum production.
- Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Requires strong persuasion and negotiation skills to accomplish and implement the objectives of the communication.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Participates as a lead by answering questions, serves as a mentor to the team in absence of immediate Supervisor.
- Investigates and resolves non-conformance events, proposes corrective/remedial action to stop such events from reoccurring
- Maintains pending log daily with efficient resolution of problem specimens by working with and directing other non-technical staff.
- Monitors lab supplies and reagents; deliver and replace reagents on instruments as needed.
- Actively participates in inter- and intra-department teams to improve overall efficiency.
- Prepares and submit management reports as requested and required.
- Provides input in performance evaluation and help to resolve personnel issues. Train employees on new procedures, assign and distribute work and make suggestions for progressive discipline if required.
- Follows up on staff routine training via document management system, train new non-technical staff.
- Ensures that pending's are completed on a daily basis.
- Monitors the daily operation of the laboratory automated sorters (throughput, productivity, and maintenance records).
- Contacts are regularly with individuals representing outside organizations, and individuals of significant importance within the company.
- Involved with planning, preparation and final execution of communications.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Work may be done without established procedures.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work weekends as scheduled.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 6+ years' related experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently in fast paced, high production area.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and environment.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website