Job ID 20000HAD
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Collections oversees the efficient and effective collections operations within the assigned function(s). The incumbent is responsible for selecting, developing and evaluating the team to ensure efficient operation of the assigned function(s). The Manager, Collections ensures systems in the credit approval and credit collection function are in compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Manage the overall collections operations within the assigned function(s); reviewing and evaluating the team's performance to maximize accuracy, efficacy and efficiency of the collections processes.
- Ensure the collections work list activities are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner; intervening and providing recommendations for appropriate action on outstanding issues as necessary.
- Prepare reports for management review on a routine basis or as requested.
- Develop and implement new policies and procedures within the assigned function(s) through continuous improvement efforts; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance regulations; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedure and other regulatory requirements.
- May serve as a liaison to cross-divisional teams and/or external vendors by establishing and maintaining strong working relationships through productive collaboration in the resolution of outstanding issues.
- Provide support and guidance to the team; establishing and adjusting priorities in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of billing and/or accounting staff.
Bachelor's Degree or related equivalent work experience required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a multi-location billing/accounting environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business warehouse, billing and financial systems.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of revenue and general accounting cycles.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive management style to effectively lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website