Job ID 20000GCO
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
As an Engineer I in our Mechanical Engineering team, you will apply sound engineering principles to the aid in improving design, performance, quality, and continued manufacturability of the current flagship System One and PureFlow SL products at Fresenius Medical Care - NxStage. You will be part of a team with the responsibility for supporting specific product lines through close collaboration with manufacturing, quality, regulatory, and product management counterparts. Through this team you will be involved in all parts of a product's life, from feasibility evaluation for new features and products to improving the quality, performance, and cost of our products.
- Collaborate with systems, electrical, disposable, and software engineers to create, test, and improve complex electro-mechanical components and assemblies for next generation home dialysis instruments. Components include pumps, motors, pneumatics, couplings, sheet metal housings, and PCBA mounting/cabling
- Analysis of mechanical systems, including geometric tolerancing and Finite Element Analysis for structural, fatigue, thermal, vibration, and acoustics
- Construct and test systems along with supporting technicians in the prototyping and testing of those same systems
- Troubleshoot new designs and/or develop reliability improvements for existing designs
- Interface with Supply Chain personnel regarding materials planning and inventory control.
- Improve designs for reliability, manufacturability, and performance
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
- Participate in the development of product specifications and requirements documents
- Support the design, development, testing, and/or use of complex automated and semi-automated test equipment along with overseeing technicians in the construction of that equipment
- Support and/or conduct Risk Analysis activities, including Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to ensure design- and process- related risks are identified and appropriately mitigated
- Work with Quality Assurance to maintain documentation in accordance with the approved internal Quality System that meets applicable GMP, QSR, ISO, and other requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Recent graduate to 2 years experience in product design, sustaining, or manufacturing role
- Proficient in SolidWorks 3D modeling, standard analysis tools and methodologies
- An understanding of different manufacturing processes such as machining, metal forming, molding, casting, and rapid prototyping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong diagnostic & problem-solving skills desired, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Strong analytical background preferred
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website