Job ID 21000EY5
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information SHIFT: Tuesdays to Fridays, from 4:30 PM to 1:00 AM / Saturdays, from 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
SHIFT: Tuesdays to Fridays, from 4:30 PM to 1:00 AM / Saturdays, from 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs a wide variety of moderately and highly complex tasks and analysis of human fluids and tissues, using manual procedures as well as operating various laboratory equipment and automated analyzer systems. Responsible for accurate testing and resulting of patient samples; coordinate and direct operation of designated laboratory department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, prepare and perform low to high complexity testing, editing, and reporting of various clinical tests as directed under department SOPs.
- Perform testing audits and quality control before finalizing release of test results, inclusive of documentation and other reporting mechanism.
- Perform testing validation and equipment calibration (thermometers, pipettes, etc.), as assigned.
- Perform inspection and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Comply with all laboratory safety protocols, including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper laboratory techniques, disposal of bio-hazard, etc.
- Act as primary contact for departmental inquiries, clarification and research of samples and test results.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Place orders for reagents, chemicals, equipment parts, and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., and be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time in a laboratory environment.
- Must be able to work with clinical and environmental samples, including, but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and/or reagents specific to laboratory testing.
- Must be able to work in a medium to high noise level.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Biological Sciences required.
- Associate degree in Laboratory Science grand-fathered by NYS prior to cut off of January 2009.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 year's related experience.
- Demonstrated basic experience in clinical laboratory required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Prior experience with laboratory systems preferred.
- PC literacy required.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website