Job ID 20000DMT
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Business Intelligence oversees the ongoing business intelligence operations for the assigned team(s). Contributes towards the development, launch and oversight of the Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions strategy, objectives and goals to be implemented across the FMCNA organization. Creates and documents detailed processes and procedures. Coordinates and conducts complex, advanced level BI solutions projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the thought leader and knowledge expert to contribute to the development, launch and oversight of the Business Intelligence (BI) solutions strategy aligned with companywide goals and objectives.
- Catalogues and documents detailed processes, procedures and best practices to be accessed by department staff.
- Attends relevant conferences and networks with industry leaders to learn new BI best practices. Drives the successful implementation of new strategies and best practices.
- Coordinates, conducts and documents advanced, complex level BI solutions projects. Oversees and coordinates projects from inception to completion.
- Interfaces with business leaders and end-users from corporate departments and business areas to scope, design, implement and manage the project to deliver BI solutions to the business.
- Builds the business intelligence layer to deliver reporting and analytical tools to finance and business management
- Formulates highly detailed BI solutions which can be practically implemented.
- Works with business leaders and end-users to identify areas to leverage Business Intelligence.
- Leads the design, development and implementation of a self-service information delivery model using portal
- Creates documentation and training manuals to assist SAP BW developers and business users in designing & effectively/efficiently utilizing the solutions developed.
- Supports divisional efforts to enhance Business Intelligence systems and processes by monitoring performance and migrating data from outside systems.
- Leads the design, development and validation of BW and IP InfoCubes with guidance from the business user, Corporate SAP Basis team and use of available technical resources.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of verification of resolved queries as regulated per Sarbanes Oxley requirements to be transported into the BI production environment.
- Serves as principal liaison between the FMS division and Corporate Information Systems (CIS) to manage the coordination of the configuration, the development of business processes, enhancements, and the stabilization of the SAP BI environment.
- Researches and determines “Best Business Practices” to meet the goals and objectives of the business utilizing available operational and financial systems and company resources.
- Responsible for determining and delivering process improvements such as; developing analytical models in Microsoft Excel, writing Visual Basic Macros, and enhancing and updating Excel templates to support the FMS mission.
- Coordinates with the SAP Basis team and FMS Finance and Operations personnel regarding the assignment of data authorizations and SAP BI roles.
- Leads meetings to discuss issues and to inform of related developments as needed.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Other duties both financial and/or systems related as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of financial analysis staff.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance. MBA or other advanced degree desirable but not required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 - 8 years' experience in an analytical role preferably combining both finance and systems competency
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel preferably Microsoft certified
- Experience with Business Objects suite of applications
- Requires understanding of interfaces with other business systems.
- Requires understanding of solutions design and implementation, including requirements definition, data acquisition processes, data modeling, process automation, escalation procedures, construction and deployment.
- SAP BEx Certification desirable but not required
- Ability to interpret complex data
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Must be able to prioritize
- Ability to work on numerous and multi-faceted projects at the same time
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website