Job ID 20000GGH
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Acts as a facilitator and implementer of Business Process Improvement and Operational Excellence deployment, at the direction of the organizational VP. The focus will be to develop, roll-out, and implement Operational Excellence programs for Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) while being responsible for driving continuous improvement in productivity, cost, cycle time, efficiency, and quality throughout the organization using Lean and Agile methodologies (Team Empowerment, Agile and SAFE Methodologies, Kaizen & Lean methodologies; Six Sigma DMAIC and DMADOV methodologies; etc.) and tools and techniques, where appropriate. Promotes a continuous learning environment to ensure ongoing training and development of all Operation departments resources in the principles, techniques and methodologies. Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executes an optimal roll-out approach for Process Improvement deployment as defined by department VP. Implements and adheres to both short and long-term (6 months - 3 years) strategies and implementation plans that will allow FMC-NA to best adopt the program and Lean and Agile culture for sustained and long term benefit.
Works with sub-department heads to develop and implement performance metrics for core work processes and implements continuous improvement performance targets.
Tracks and validates all improvements and dollar savings (P&L, balance sheet, cost avoidance) attributed to the Process Improvement program.
Trains and sustains the workforce on specific aspects of Lean and Agile. Supports OpEx team and development of training materials, trains business teams on the use of Process Improvement tools, facilitates project teams.
Participates in regular progress meetings and toll-gate reviews, and ensures the continuous improvement process progresses within the targeted timelines.
Fosters a sense of urgency and champions radical change that pushes for continuous improvement with a focus on improving efficiency, quality and driving down costs.
Assists in development and implementation of a communication plan to foster Lean and Agile environment and culture.
Works on abstract problems across functional areas of the business. Identifies and evaluates issues through assessment of intangible variables.
Interacts internally and externally with executive level management.
Uses advanced skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles.
Works as part of a team to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Assembles and directs cross functional/cross site project team(s), including information compilation and information flow.
Demonstrates a data & process mindset, statistically verifies improvements and provides theoretical training behind statistics along with practical/pragmatic examples of its use in various functions.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires approximately 10% to 15% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Technical or Healthcare specialization preferred, however, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong business acumen. Prior experience in a large distributed workforce within a matrixed environment.
- Facilitation & Change Management leadership skills/experience required, preferably certified as Change/Facilitation leader.
- Project management experience required; Program Management experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint; and statistical software.
- Excellent planning, organization, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership ability, excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Influences and motivates teams.
- Ability to read and interpret comprehensive and intricate research documents.
- Ability to write scientific reports and technical correspondence.
- Ability to work with executives and communicate abstract concepts.
- Ability to present to a high level of the organization and groups outside of the organization.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website