Job ID 200002VF
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Patient Account Representative – Collections provides administrative support to the collections operations within the assigned function(s). Through ongoing database maintenance, the Patient Account Representative – Collections ensures the timely receipt of claim payments and minimizes bad debt accrual. In this capacity, the Patient Account Representative - Collections provides outstanding customer service to customers and vendors through effective and timely communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, identify and resolve routine outstanding claims.
- Generate and analyze diverse reports and work lists in the identification and resolution of general patient account issues.
- Assist in the resolution of outstanding payments from past due accounts.
- Ensure timely receipt of claim payments; processing payments accordingly and reconciling all necessary data.
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures; ensuring timely and complete documentation of activities performed.
- May serve as a point of contact for customers and/or external vendors in response to inquiries and unresolved issues.
- May mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' related experience.
- General computer skills with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website