Job ID 20000C36
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for greeting patients and family, providing information, communication with departments. Answers telephone, generate charge tickets, labels and gather insurance information and signatures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Greets patients, family or vendors in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
- Provides any necessary instructions/directions.
- Informs appropriate department/person of patient's arrival.
- Answers telephone in pleasant manner and deals with customer needs expeditiously.
- Updates patient information, collects co-pay, provides any necessary forms needing completion, obtains signatures as necessary.
- Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing and Physician Services.
- Daily balance of Charge Tickets.
- Prints out daily charge tickets and Labels for Physician Services
- Collects Chart Information Including Insurance Forms, Insurance Cards, and New Patient Packets.
- Maintains patient confidentiality with all patient information.
- Follows all Policy and Procedures of Nephrology, Inc.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Complies with established dress code.
- Maintains attendance according to Nephrology, Inc. policy.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is a medical practice with a quiet to moderate noise level.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May require some travel.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 years' customer service related experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Organization, planning, and problem solving skills
- Experience with software applications typically used in a medical office. This may include but is not limited to: electronic medical office systems such as; electronic medical records, scheduling programs, switchboard, credit card machines, standard office equipment and any new technology that arises.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website