Job ID 21000BO7
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs designated technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling, and dispensing of medications, including sterile admixtures and prepackaged or unit dose drugs. In addition, performs designated tasks regarding pharmacy quality control, management of pharmacy records, inventory control and preparation of orders for drugs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under Pharmacist guidance and per company policies and procedures, assists with preparation and distribution of products and performs general pharmacy technician duties as follows:
- Monitors the drug file and prepares prescriptions for packaging and or distribution.
- Retrieves count and obtains prescription drugs from stock.
- Counts and fills patient prescription based on order.
- Prepares prescription labels to be placed on dispensing containers.
- Attaches additional information and instructions on the dispensing container, when necessary.
- Presents final dispensed product(s) to pharmacist for verification and final check.
- Organizes finished products for packing/distribution.
- Helps to ensure that pharmacy area is clean and orderly at all times.
- Assists with monthly inventory checks. Review stock for recalls and expired medications. Notifies inventory coordinator or Supervisor if stock is low on a particular medication.
- May assist in maintaining adequate levels of inventory by ordering drugs, following established procedures.
- Assists inventory coordinator with the packing, distribution and tracking of patient orders.
- Prepares and labels stocked drugs.
- Obtains and enters patient, medical or prescription order data into computer system. Maintains an orderly filing system.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting and bending may be required.
- High School Diploma required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of related experience.
- Registered or able to be registered as a Pharmacy Technician per applicable state guidelines.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of computers.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website