Job ID 21000FR0
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides direction and oversight as the Manager for multiple practice operations to include multiple sites. Responsible for monitoring the terms of all service agreements between client and serving as the client's advocate as needed to resolve outstanding service issues. Serves as the primary facilitator of the client's governing body. Responsible for leading and managing all operational activities of the practice to include related ancillary services and also initial set up for new practices. Serves as the primary spokesperson of the practice for external referral sources, other healthcare organizations, government agencies, third party payers, and vendors. Responsible for ensuring that the practice operates in compliance with all federal and local laws and meets any regulatory or certification requirements to maintain business and clinical operations.
May provide additional expertise to the management team through educational credentials or work experience in a specialty area of practice management such as clinical quality, compliance, business development, information technology, revenue cycle, patient care systems, risk management, organizational governance or human resources. Specialty duties might include developing educational or promotional materials, providing education to the physician practice clients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the client's mission and strategic plan.
- Develops and updates organizational design for maximum productivity and control of quality and costs.
- Monitors the financial viability of the practice through systems to control staffing and all finances.
- Responsible for the initial set up of programs, systems, etc. for new practices.
- Monitors practice compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of any related accrediting bodies.
- Represents the practice in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies and third-party payers.
- Develops, implements, and monitors business operation plans.
- Provides monthly feedback to management staff, owners, and providers on the financial performance of the practice.
- Supports the development and implementation of internal controls for cash management and audit compliance including a compliant payroll process.
- Monitors the revenue cycle process through analysis and monthly reporting of key benchmarks to management staff and providers.
- Monitors an effective staffing strategy including recruitment, hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Recommends competitive salary and benefit schedules.
- Oversees an effective information technology plan that incorporates the unique needs of the practice in the areas of electronic health records, practice management, security, document storage, internet access, telecommunications, email, and required interfaces with other providers.
- Evaluates staffing and patient flow patterns to maximize provider productivity.
- Reports on patient satisfaction results and trends.
- Advocates for a quality management program to ensure patient safety, conduct peer review, and evaluate outcomes based payment methodologies.
- Proactively communicates to Regional Practice Administrator and VP FMCPS on any practice issues that may negatively impact the ongoing contractual relationship between the practice and FMCPS.
- Routinely documents and shares materials and experiences that might assist other Directors or benefit another client.
- Consults with clients regarding practices on topic area of individual specialization, experience, or interest.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires work at the client's location, involving travel and overnight stays.
- Flexible meeting times are frequent to accommodate the priority needs of the clients' patient care schedules.
Supervises key management staff in contracted practices.
Bachelor's Degree required, with preferred major in health care or business administration.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience and Bachelor's Degree preferred, or experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years' supervisory or of related management experience. Preference for physician practice management skills.
- Additional experience in physician practice operations will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Experience with all aspects of billing and coding (CPC preferred)
- High degree of proficiency with Excel, PPT and Office Applications.
- Experience with practice management systems and EHR.
- Requires high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making and self-direction to accomplish multiple goals of client practices.
- Strong communication skills with varied groups, ability to lead and motivate staff, resolve conflicts and create a collegial environment.
- High degree of autonomy and accountability.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website