Job ID 20000DK7
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Principal Systems Developer, National Medical Care, Inc., a Fresenius Medical Care N.A. company, Waltham, MassachusettsPurpose and Scope:
Participate in all areas of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, development, implementation, support and enhancement, contribute to functionality and process design for clinical systems and coordinate software delivery and training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Designing and writing software technical specifications and code, performing unit testing, and supporting business solutions of varying degrees throughout the software development lifecycle. This includes drafting design documents, tracking and resolving software issues and updating design documentation in compliance with department policies.
- Developing a rules-based processing and alerting system triggered by data streams and real-time events. Maintaining and enhancing the existing code base.
- Identifying and troubleshooting software problems, investigating potential causes and implementing solutions. Preparing programming specifications, analyzing code, and testing and debugging programs and applications systems.
- Providing technical leadership in solving complex programming tasks.
- Translating business requirements into logical and physical architecture. Communicating system needs and project direction based on business unit requirements and overall business needs.
- Supporting and conferring with business analysts and other technical teams to determine the best technical solution to meet requirements. Document business processes and process workflows.
- Monitoring and mentoring Off Shore workforce.
- Utilizing Scrum/Agile methodology and following scrum ceremonies.
- Documenting all operational, system and support requirements to ensure adherence to corporate standards.
Education Experience and Required Skills:
Position requires a Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, IT or a closely related field and 8 years of experience as a Software Engineer. Must also have 4 years of experience (which can be gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) with the following: (i) designing, developing and integrating TIBCO BPM Claim Processing, New business, Underwriting and Policy Administration systems; (ii) gathering business functional requirements, defining technical requirements and architecting applications using TIBCO BPM / TIBCO EAI; (iii) deploying application modules in TIBCO BW Administration and TIBCO iProcess Administration; (iv) patient accounting, healthcare revenue systems and claim processing as they pertain to events and transactions to be exposed and consumed by ESB nodes in an SOA Framework; (v) HIPAA X12 EDI transactions, patient eligibility, pharmacy benefits processes; (vi) TIBCO Enterprise Messaging Services (EMS), TIBCO Active Matrix Business Works (AMX BW 6.x), TIBCO Business Events (BE) and TIBCO HAWK.
Note: This is a telecommuting position working from home. May reside anywhere in the United States.
Apply on company website