Job ID 200003Z2
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directs and grows a dialysis business within a defined region through effectiveleadership and management of all aspects of customerservice, quality patient care, marketing and responsible financial management. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth while ensuring compliance with applicable company and regulatory requirements. Assists divisionalmanagement with the development, implementation and management of divisional and company initiatives and strategies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the dialysis operations of a defined region providing leadership and guidance regarding customer service, quality patient care, the marketing and financial management.
- Interprets and implements company and divisional policies and procedures and directs and plans the activities of the assigned region to ensure continuing dialysis service program operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
- Provides leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce. Ensures the provision of outstanding patient care whilst maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory and company requirements and standards.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization to manage the business. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Has strong interaction with SVPs, Presidents and possibly with the CEO.
- Oversees the application and implementation of established policies and the control and effective utilization of physical and financial resources. Responsible for profit and loss management of facilities and dialysis programs within the region including ensuring the optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Supports all financial aspects of running the group. Works closely with appropriate departments to increase the payor mix and retain commercial patients. Ensures compliance with all local, state and national reimbursement practices, including government and commercial payors.
- Collaborates with pertinent division management to develop and implement a regional marketing plan to support regional growth and profitability including facility startups.
- Implements operational efficiency improvements which may include, but are not limited to, the standardization of systems, quality control, safety, site selection, facility design, and patient satisfaction.
- Oversees all logistics related to patient care from admission to discharge, including transient patients, in-center, home, and inpatient dialysis services. Ensures the establishment of processes to enable timely completion of patient care plans and scheduling to maximize utilization of facility stations.
- Oversees the implementation of facility specific and regional quality goals and action plans to ensure compliance with all pertinent regulatory requirements and to achieve company quality standards.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Accountable for driving staffing and medical supply models and all pertinent business initiatives, including prompt implementation of action plans to correct clinics below threshold performance.
- Responsible for Medical Director Contracts, negotiating and approving agreements as needed. Develops strong relationships with Physician practices within the region and facilitates the establishment of strong relationships between medical directors and physicians and Directors Operations and Area Managers.
- Oversees the Governing Body processes and accountabilities according to company policy and acts as the liaison between the Medical Advisory Board members.
- Ensures all employees in the region receive the required training and education according to company policy and to ensure compliance with all risk management initiatives.
- Provides oversight of all privacy and security aspects and issues in the group and practices risk management strategies and collaborates with internal and external legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal and litigation issues with goal of reducing expenses for the company.
- Responsible for maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities within the region.
- Collaborates with the Group Vice President to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related activities as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in or organizing JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Strategic leader with strong knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the Regional Management team/succession planning through coaching, training and leadership development.
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and water systems within designated region of division.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel between facilities and various locations within assigned regions required. Travel to group, regional, divisional and corporate meetings required
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Directors of Operations and Area Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 15+ years' experience.
- 5+ years' experience internal senior management level role (e.g., Vice President); or 5+ years' external experience in a senior management level role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website